About triggers settings

Donny

My engine is Subaru eg33. It has two crankshaft position sensors and one camshaft position sensor. I'm currently set to trigger pattern with a missing tooth on trigger 1, but it starts slowly. Who has a better solution? The following is the original maintenance manual.image.png.61e73fc95ebe18d5c5a409ab3a3cc0ae.pngimage.png.5277437fd9f68db6979ce0a548f416c7.png

image.png.8d5c4c4609dfb072cb679db538dcea54.png

9 hours ago, IMPREZA-EG33 said:

Hi,Adamw.I use the same settings as you, but the startup is very slow. The original computer can be started after twice compression, but now it takes about 4 seconds

Can you attach a PC Log of you starting the engine and a copy of your basemap please, decent chance the slow start is due to fueling not triggers.

I would also suspect due to the 2 trigger wheels on the crank with thge unique groups of teeth that the OEM ecu (assuming wasted spark ignition) could probably sync and spark after a little more than 120deg crank rotation.  With the Link ECU using only the 12T wheel it will need to see the cam tooth before it has enough information to sync and spark - this could take as much as 720deg crank rotation.  However, this is common with many basic trigger systems and wouldnt usually take more than about 1 second. 

As well as the info the Vaughan requested, a triggerscope taken while cranking will help confirm that the arming thresholds are set appropriately.