SR20DET FUELING ISSUE

armog

I have verified cam timing is correct, played around with the activation and deactivation parameters and still have an issue. If I pull fuel away to get it to a point where it should not be breaking up and running poorly it will still act up. The VCT output is on AUX 5 as it was in the base map provided to the customer and is it possible the output is not able to supply to the solenoid?

Second log file

Revised MAP

The VCT is not even active in that log so I think you can rule that out.  The MAP signal is still extraordinarily noisy (look at MAP delta parameter) but I think that is a symptom rather than a cause.  The ECU appears to be doing everything normal.

In your log the ignition timing is stable, the TPS is stable the lambda is close enough, yet the RPM is oscillating wildly.  I think I would get the injectors flow tested next, possibly 1 cyl is much leaner than the rest.  The Lambda only shows the average of all 4.  Sometimes you can get a feel if one cyl is weak by disconnecting one injector at a time to see if you get a similar rev drop on each cylinder. 

The injectors have been tested, cleaned and the entire fuel system including tank was pulled and cleaned out and blown out. I might have linked the wrong log file, I will double check that to be sure. I have raised the vct engagement to 2k RPM and its helped the transition but still the issue remains. With vct deactivated the car runs well and reacts properly. 

Sorry, VTC is working in your log.  I was meaning the map, it is turned off.  The log shows the aux is working correctly.  Note the aux only grounds the negative side of the VTC solenoid - if you believe there is a problem with the aux then just poke a paper clip into the VTC connector and ground it with a small jumper lead instead.  

Using the test function in the link software the vct is activated properly it seems. Other than that I see no actual issues other than just a vct issue so we went ahead and replaced the vct cam gear and the issue is still persistent.