Trigger Setup Audi 5 Cyl 20V Turbo (AAN) @ G4X

BADASS Supra

Hello,

i have an Audi S6 C4 20V 5Cyl Turbo  and i would like to install a Link G4X Xtreme.

Unfortunately, I saw that the G4X does not have a trigger mode like Aud 135th. That  existed in the G4+. 
I have now made the following settings. Is that right?

image.png.f40170a2f19d61ac6519b27a59f6f227.png

Kind Regards

Andre

Thank you very much for answer. I have a conversation to Audi RS4 B5 coils (like Audi R8 Coils) and i would  like change ignition mode to direct spark.

The Audi AAN Engine have three trigger sensors.

CRANK SENSOR (135) – PRIMARY TRIGGER
CRANK SENSOR (1) - CAM #1
CAM SENSOR HALL - CAM #2

I think, there are two options with Link G4x.

The first one we discuss already.

1.) I use as primary trigger the crank sensor with 135 teeth (Trigger 1) and crank sensor (1x teeth) as the second trigger. Ignition Mode distributor. 

2.) I use as primary trigger the crank sensor with 135 teeth (Trigger 1) and cam sensor (1x teeth, Hall Sensor) as the second trigger. Ignition Mode direct spark. 

Like this:

image.png.eb205286990dc5cc134ea1c74ef57fb4.png

Is that right?

Kind regards

Andre

No, a cam sensor wont work with 135 teeth on the crank as there will be too much movement between cam and crank due to cam belt etc.  135 teeth is only about 2.6deg spacing between teeth, so if the cam sensor is set up to occur exactly halfway between two flywheel teeth then there would only need to be 1.3deg of cam movement before the cam tooth would cross over and cause a trigger error.  

You will need to convert to some more conventional trigger wheel if you want direct spark.  

Hello, I have to ask again. I am still a beginner.I've tried different configurations. 
I think I'm still making a mistake somewhere.
I have now chosen the following configuration:

image.png.966c19900c3a77efce46909f69c83388.pngimage.png.c41d479e78bda35f84d1a1a93cd15fb7.pngimage.png.2a11a6bc02e62dc5598c1848a4c07be4.png

I have an Audi S6 C4 20V Turbo ('96) with AAN engine with Audi RS4 Coil conversation.

So I no longer have an ignition distributor, but individual ignition coils.
So I have a hybrid system. 
When I start the starter, the following trigger signals come up:

Trigger_Scope_1.JPG.b64e4bd03ebb343714d22e044954190d.JPG

Trigger_Scope_2.JPG.831f979acafd4530d3249073eb23a8bb.JPG

Trigger_Scope_3.JPG.433c6295e129da111af734fe4609d6c4.JPG

Trigger_Scope_4.JPG.7081ba8d8a1e5362cfcd9d1b66af9088.JPG

If I understand correctly, the trigger 2 has the wrong polarity. But it's OEM.
I also routed the Hall sensor signal from the exhaust camshaft to DI1.
I understand you that this signal cannot be used, correct?
If I no longer have an ignition distributor but individual ignition coils, how can I configure this so that it still works?
It has to work somehow, because the original motronic control unit can do it somehow.
I could not carry out the ignition test for each cylinder with the "distributor" ignition mode, but only with direct spark. 

Thanks for help.

Kind regards

Andre

Yes trigger 2 is wrong polarity, you will need to switch the +/- wires at the sensor connector.  

As I said at the start, this trigger mode can only work with distributor ignition, it is not capable of direct spark.  The cam sensor on DI1 is not considered using this trigger mode.  

We dont currently have a trigger mode that can use 2 x flywheel sensors and a cam sensor.  

8 hours ago, BADASS Supra said:

The use of the CAM sensor as a third trigger signal will not come in the nearest future /release update?

Unfortunately not.  The firmware engineer that does the trigger code has just gone on holiday for a month and he has many other high priority tasks to get through upon his return.  I will put it on the list of feature requests but unfortunately it wont be in the near future.  

You best option will be to fit a more conventional trigger disc on the front pulley and use that with the existing cam sensor.