Audi 4.2 V8 VVT control

link_user

Installing a G4+ Xtreme on an Audi 4.2 V8 with all 4 VVT cams.  I can not find any information on Audi V8 VVT mode that is available in the VVT menu in the PC link software.  Can somebody  confirm if this VVT mode supports all 4 cams with VVT.

Cam trigger has 2 long and 2 short teeth as many other VW/AUDI cam triggers.

I think the Audi V8 VVT mode is only set up for 2 intake cams.  You should be able to use Holden v6 vvt mode which does 4 cams with the same pattern on the trigger wheels.  

Worst case would be the User Defined VVT mode will do it, but more manual set up is required. 

LH Intake sensor to trig 2, RH intake to DI1, LH Exhaust to DI2, RH exhaust to DI3.  Pull-ups on, falling edge. 

VVT solenoids connected to Aux 1-4.   

• 1 year later...
On 3/23/2022 at 5:14 AM, Adamw said:

I think the Audi V8 VVT mode is only set up for 2 intake cams.  You should be able to use Holden v6 vvt mode which does 4 cams with the same pattern on the trigger wheels.  

Worst case would be the User Defined VVT mode will do it, but more manual set up is required. 

LH Intake sensor to trig 2, RH intake to DI1, LH Exhaust to DI2, RH exhaust to DI3.  Pull-ups on, falling edge. 

VVT solenoids connected to Aux 1-4.   

The old 40V were just VVT on the intake. I was trying to nut out the Audi drawings and wasn't sure. I can't find any input that refers to "Cam trigger", but there are two called "cam position" as shown below. I was thinking that the "cam position" would just be for the ECU to know advance/retard position, but does it also use it as a trigger?

image.png.1ff9274268c4f2bace6ab21bda601af0.png