Review RPM Limit

Hyperblade

My original map had dual RPM limit tables, and I've turned this off (due to the shift light not changing when it's activated when switching between the too.) and I also lowered the limit by 250 rpm as it was not meant to be set that high.

Originally it was 9250 and I've dropped it to 9000 (which i do not want to go over ever) and I'm happy for the soft limit to start applying at 8800.

But i'm not confident that the rev limit is applying correctly, it would be awesome if someone more knowledgeable could double check my setup.

Map attached.

KP61R-2022-03-20.pclx

It looks correct enough, I would change a couple of things:

1. I would change cut effect to adaptive.  This means the cylinders will be cut in a randomised pattern.  With constant mode at some specific conditions you can end up with the same cylinders continuously being cut so it is very hard on the crankshaft etc.  
  2. Start Cut TP 100 may need to be a bit higher (often around 60%).  This is the amount of cut that first gets applied when the control range is entered.  If too small there may not be enough cut to prevent an overshoot condition when engine acceleration is very high (ie when wheels come off the ground or boat leaping out of the water at WOT).
  3. Cut decay time could possibly be reduced - it may feel slow to recover after a limit at 100ms.   

11 hours ago, Adamw said:

It looks correct enough, I would change a couple of things:

1. I would change cut effect to adaptive.  This means the cylinders will be cut in a randomised pattern.  With constant mode at some specific conditions you can end up with the same cylinders continuously being cut so it is very hard on the crankshaft etc.  
  2. Start Cut TP 100 may need to be a bit higher (often around 60%).  This is the amount of cut that first gets applied when the control range is entered.  If too small there may not be enough cut to prevent an overshoot condition when engine acceleration is very high (ie when wheels come off the ground or boat leaping out of the water at WOT).
  3. Cut decay time could possibly be reduced - it may feel slow to recover after a limit at 100ms.   

Brillant, thanks for the feedback.