Bmw E36 325 wheel speed

Kolle-tech

Hi,

I have an issue with my g4+ extreme (red). I was trying to get my existing abs sensors to work as wheel speed.

I have 2pcs vems vr to hall converter connected to convert the signal and get it divided. All works great as long as i don't connect my abs ecu. I've measured the signal from vr sensors with a scope, and the signal is the same with abs ecu connected and with abs ecu disconnected. Why is it not working? No signal out from the vems converter when i plug in the connector to the abs ecu.

Wired like this: Dsub 9 Vems vr to hall converter

1. +5V - to G4+ 5V

3. Divider Reset - to G4+ signal ground

5. GND -  to G4+ signal ground

8. Div by 4 - to G4+ DI 2

The other end of converter is tapped on the abs sensor going to abs ecu pin30 gnd and pin48 signal+

e36 abs diagram 92-94.pdf

Anybody have an idea how to solve this issue?

VR_divider_full.pdf

Try swapping the polarity of the connection between the VEMs device and the sensor.  You could possibly have the vems grounding one side of the sensor and the ABS grounding the other side.  

The other possibilty is the ABS unit doesnt reference ground and bias' the signal up or down.  

Hi Adam,

thanks for answering.

I have already tried swapping the polarity. Probably the 2nd possibility :)

When i measure the signal in to the converter, it is the same with or without the abs ecu connected. 

I've also tried to feed the converter with 5v&ground from the abs ecu, still no output from the converter.

Any ideas?