4G63 fuel calculation clamped at its minimum

dingdongdrift

My friend has a 4g63 with a LINK PNP ECU, and we keep getting this error. he's using 1000cc DW injectors with a minimum PW of 1.4 according to the data sheet. however the car idles really rich with that minimum PW set and we're getting that error. are these injectors just too big for 93 fuel? 

we lowered the minimum PW to 0.8 and the car wouldn't start even by raising cold crank enrichment a bunch. it currently starts at minimum PW set to 1.0  but the fuel calculation error is still there and the car is idling at 10.8AFR. lowering VE numbers obviously changes nothing since it's at minimum already. 

This warning means you are sitting on the Minimum effective PW that you have assigned.  

1.4ms is wrong, it is typically somewhere around 0.2ms.  Can you give me a link to the datasheet you got this from, I suspect they are quoting actual PW, not effective PW - which means you need to subtract deadtime from that quoted value.  

here's the link for the datasheet, https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0414/1681/8852/files/18U-XX-0088-X_Injector_Characterization_Summary.pdf?v=1618947478

so basically we need way more fuel to get it running? because currently it will not start with a PW lower than 1 which is still making it run rich. crank enrichment needs to be higher? it's using a CAN LINK LAMBDA so i doubt that's reading wrong. 

Yeah the datasheet is using actual PW, not effective, you need to subtract the deadtime from those numbers.  

1 hour ago, dingdongdrift said:

so basically we need way more fuel to get it running? because currently it will not start with a PW lower than 1 which is still making it run rich. crank enrichment needs to be higher? it's using a CAN LINK LAMBDA so i doubt that's reading wrong. 

More likely just the VE numbers in the startup and idle areas  are now too small since they were tuned when they were having no effect due to the min clamp.  Cold start/crank enrichment etc shouldnt need to change.