06 Subaru sti cruise control

Kdub14

Ok. Is there anything else that I would loose by switching from OEM ecu to the link? I mainly just don’t want to loose functions and then gain flex, anti lag, rolling anti lag, launch control and flat foot shifting. Also is there any other things I would need to purchase beside the flex fuel sensor setup and the CAN lambda to get these features all working? 

thanks 

Just had a look at the schematic.  The only factory functions that wont work from what I can see:

1. Cruise cotrol "set light".  The enable light will work but the set light is not connected.
  2. Factory immobilizer.  I have heard in some cars the security lamp on the dash will stay on - not sure if they all have this or not.  
  3. Fuel tank pressure sensor.  This would have been used as some part of the emissions evap/purge strategy with the factory ECU.  Our purge strategy is more simple and doesnt use the tank pressure. 
  4. OBD2 port/scan tool will not communicate with the Link ECU - all other ecu's in the car are still scan-able.  In many countries it is illegal for anything but the factory validated ECU to talk on the OBD2 port.

2 hours ago, Kdub14 said:

Also is there any other things I would need to purchase beside the flex fuel sensor setup and the CAN lambda to get these features all working? 

You will want an IAT sensor fitted into the intake manifold or plumbing close to throttle body.  This can be wired to the old MAF plug.  The Flex sensor will need to be wired to the main ECU header as there are no spare DI's on the expansion port.  The is a DI on the main plug that was used for the neutral switch which is not needed so flex signal can be wired to this.  CAN lambda is not a necessity but nice to have.  All of these items will likely need some custom wiring to fit.