CAN Assistance with Aim MXS Strada

Usav8or

I'd appreciate some CAN assistance. I'd like to send EGT (x2) and instant fuel consumption data from my ECU to my AIM MXS 1.2 Strada, and then send GPS Speed, oil temperature, fuel level, and fuel and brake pressure data to the ECU.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

MXS 1.2 Strada May 2022.zconfig ECON CRUISE LAMBDA MODE StoichLoopLambda.pclr

What CAN port is the dash wired to on the Thunder?  You have a dash set up on both CAN1 & CAN2.

Note CAN analog inputs are pretty limited on G4+.  GPS speed and Fuel press will work like native inputs but the others wont.  Ill set them up anyway but you will see what I mean once you start playing with them.  

Ok try these.  Im pretty sure I will have a few of the channels that are being sent out of the dash scaled wrong as I have never played with one using US units, only metric.  I assume being Italian the dash will always send the CAN out in native metric units but it is not clear if that is the case or not, it is also not clear what resolution they use on some channels.  

When I added the Inst Fuel Consumption channel the dash software popped up a message saying that a new internal channel "Fuel Used" will now be generated, it looks like it totals up the flow.  I didnt even know they did that so that was a bonus to learn, it will be interesting to hear back if that works and how you reset it etc.  I assume it will be in the counters section but dont know.

My custom CAN stream has a lot of the channel names a bit different than the default AIM ones so you may find some of your display pages will need to be set up again. 

Data received by ECU:

Fuel pressure should come through as the native "Fuel Pressure" channel in the ECU.  I suspect I have the scaling of this wrong.  If so give me a couple of example numbers what is showing on the dash vs ECU so I can work out how it is being sent. 

Fuel level is CAN AN Volt 1.  You cant rename these generic channels or change the unis - it will always show volts.  But it should match the number on the dash I think.

Brake press in CAN AN Volt 2.  Same as limitations as above.

Oil Temp is CAN AN Volt 3.   Same as limitations as above.

Usav8or.zconfig ECONCRUISELAMBDAMODEStoichLoopLambda new CAN.pclr

Thanks again, I haven't been able to check everything yet, but the EGT data and fuel consumption data transferred easily. The GPS speed needed a multiplier of 15 in order to record accurately. The fuel level I'll be watching over the next couple of weeks as I burn some, but it seems to be functioning fine. The Oil temp looks like it needs a multiplier as well. I check into that later. The important data streams I wanted are the speed and fuel, and they are working well.

As you suspected, the fuel used can be reset along with the odometers on the counters page. It's pretty slick!

I really appreciate your help.

Jeff