G4X Monsoon X Connection/firmware update issues

Dale385

I have been trying to connect and update the firmware to my monsoon x all day today and pc link 9 times out of 10 will (not respond) or will have one of many errors trying to update the firmware. I have re installed pc link multiple times, re started my pc many times, checked the drivers etc multiple times and just cant catch a break. Seriously wishing I went with Haltech right now. Anyone have any ideas, I have been on google all day and tried almost everything that has come up and no luck at all.

Ps the ecu is virgin.

Cheers

Most commonly a failed firmware update means the main power supply missing (pin 5).  Instead the ecu only gets powered up via a low current backfeed through an aux, as soon as anything processor intensive is asked it will brown out and disconnect.  

I would suggest removing the ecu from the car and power it up on the bench, just 12V on pin 5 and gnd on pin 34.  If it updates fine then you need to look at the power supply.  

Have sorted the power issue, was on a relay that wasnt working correctly.

Still cant get it to update the firmware - keeps saying it was interrupted or link not responding correctly 

Sorted in the car thanks.

Now just trying to get an unlock code.

I have a plcr file I downloaded from here for my SR16 VVL that someone put on but pc link will only see plc files, what do I need to do here?

A .pclr file is a map from an older G4+ ecu, you cant load a G4+ map into a G4X as they are too different.  The best you can do is open the G4+ and G4X software up side by side and work or way down the settings tree manually copying the settings across.  You can copy any tables across using the import/export tool, but most other stuff needs to be done manually.