Speedo wiring help

nissan200sx.dk

Hi all.

I have added a picture showing the std wiring for a Skyline R33 GTS. I use the instrument cluster from this, and it has also worked with std speed sensor. But now I have changed to 4x4 box from a R32 GTR, and that has mechanical speedo..

I use a v88 and use a AUX as a speedo out port, ECU uses ABS sensors. But how do I connect it? I need to connect on the side were the speed sensor is. But is has 2 wires going to the speedo, and I only have 1 AUX... ??

Thank you.

post-1203-14345021427_thumb.jpg

The VSS normally has 2 connection,

1 = Earth, Ground.

2 = VSS Signal back to ECCS pin 53.

Looking at the R33 schematic, it appears that it is a simplified diagram.

The VSS signal input shows as going to the cluster and then a signal from the cluster to ECCS pin 53.

The second connection of the VSS to the cluster will be referencing to an earth connection.

Not 100% sure, but if it was me I would find the VSS input at the cluster and connect your aux. O/P to that, 1 connection.

I checked all of my Nissan Workshop Manual schematics etc and found there is no information regarding the circuit operation.

If you look at the R32 GTR VSS schematics it just shows the VSS with 1 connection to ground and the second connection to ECCS pin 53.

Std wiring is sensor - speedo - ECU.

I have tried connecting my AUX directly to speedo, but did not work (No movement with key on sweep)

I am thinking, as I removed the sensor, that has 2 wires connected to it, could I accidently have removed ground for the speedo?

Thanks for your time.

The speed sensor on the gear box is VR sensor (reluctor) the speedo is going to need an equivalent signal.

The signal from the ECU is a square wave so might not trigger the speedo.