About G4X and OBDlink MX+ linkage

Donny

Yes, set up the ecu to broadcast "Dash2Pro" stream with ID1000, bit rate 500k.  

Set up the OBDlink device like below.  Choose the "link short xml" CAN description file, set bit rate to 500k here also before hitting done.  

That should be all.

SyhpIwb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot. I finally chose realcash, but in the process of using it, I found that there is no data on the water temperature and intake air temperature when idling. It will be displayed only when I step on the accelerator. What's the problem?

• 4 weeks later...

I have both G4X on my s2000 and i am trying to connect with the OBDlink MX+.

My question is why do i need to do the first part of wiring the OBDII port to the ECU?

In this case the S2000 G4X is a direct plug and play for the S2000, hence the CAN HI and LOW wires should be at the same position pins as the stock ECU if am right !? The OBDII port is already connected to the can signal and was working just fine with the stock ECU. Now why is it necessary to connect again with Link ECU. The existing wires where do they go? Aren't they already connect with the can HI and LOW and power, ground? It doesn't seem right to make new connections because i would have to unplug the existing wires from the OBDII port, or even to use a separate port just for this purpose while having the OEM there connected doing nothing.

It should be working as it is just by the second part of setting up the ECUs CAN, isn't it??

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

The S2000 doesnt even have a CAN bus from factory.  I dont know what the factory OBD2 port used but K-Line was quite common for japanese cars in the early 2000's.

So if you want to use OBD2 to communicate with the ecu you will need to either add a second OBD2 port, or run CAN wires from the ECU to the correct pins on the factory OBD2 port (may not be legal). 

ohh okay i get it!

Thank you! 

Just another question , i tried to find witch are the can hi and low pins on the S2000 G4X from the pinouts and i cant find them anywhere.

Does that mean that for the s2000 there aren't any CAN pins on the main ECU wiring and i will need the CANJST4 CAN Connection Cable?? 

4 hours ago, AndreasN-S2K said:

Does that mean that for the s2000 there aren't any CAN pins on the main ECU wiring and i will need the CANJST4 CAN Connection Cable?? 

Correct, there are no CAN pins on the factory header as the car didnt have a CAN bus factory.  You will need a CANJST4 cable or make something similar yourself if you have the capability.  

On 6/29/2022 at 12:14 AM, Adamw said:

Correct, there are no CAN pins on the factory header as the car didnt have a CAN bus factory.  You will need a CANJST4 cable or make something similar yourself if you have the capability.  

Thank you very much again Adamw!!! 

Now its all clear!

• 2 weeks later...