How to reconfigure Turbo 4age loom to NA 4age on ITB’s

Ariley

Hey Team,

I’m seeking some guidance on reconfiguring my loom and ECU (atom g4+) to suit a new engine setup I’ve recently installed in my 1981 Toyota sprinter hardtop. I plan on getting the car professionally tuned but would like to at least get it running at home first. My current knowledge and abilities regarding wiring are quite minimal but I’m looking to learn and handle this one myself, apologies in advance for any stupid questions.

Previously the car was running a turbo 4agze motor. I had a G4+ Atom professionally installed and a Loom made to suit. The motor ran a bearing after a couple of years and I decided to build a modestly modified NA 16v 4age on ITB’s for the car. I’m planning to run it on the Link but there are a few parts of the loom that need modification to make it work.

Most of the loom is able to remain untouched (ignition, timing, fuel, fluid temp+pressure) but I need to remove a few sensors. I will no longer be using the MAP or IAT sensors, and will be removing an electronic boost controller. Is that as simple as just stripping them out of the loom? Are there any other considerations to make? And are there any basemap’s available that I’ll be able to run it on using a TPS based tune? Or any other reccomendations when running this kind of setup?

Any help or insight much appreciated. I’ve included photos of the old turbo setup and the current Na setup.

Cheers,

Adam

7A7FA1DA-092C-4CF1-A52F-88A9B5B906FC.thumb.png.17958aea0d5d5844d5f3f9c1c1b7f2e9.png

4E57C2C5-41B2-43E5-8D92-5A604DC57C1D.thumb.jpeg.69a109878ab08468edb23ce79d347487.jpeg

• 1 month later...

No need to strip the unused wiring from the loom. leave them there and just tuck them away, you may want to use them later on. 
You probably still want to run an IAT sensor even with the ITB's, just make a bracket and mount it close to one of the throttle inlets.

Agree with driftae76.  Dont cut anything, just unplug whatever you think you dont need and turn it off in the software.  IAT is worth keeping - even if it cant reach directly into the airstream it will likely be better than nothing.  If you intend to use the idle valve in the 20V ITB's then it will be best to keep the MAP sensor as well.