about to start tuning, General tips?

2.0L_turbo

hey everyone, like the title states I am looking to start tuning this weekend and am hoping to get some general tips.

1- One thing I am curious about is the Quick tune function, I am aware it does not change ignition timing and only changes the fuel table. I have set up all of the settings in the options menu for it however I am curious about is Load center tolerance, does a lower percentage make the cell easier to be targeted?

2- should idle tuning be done before or after the driving tune?

3- Something I noticed playing around a few weekends ago is when I was trying to get my idle tune done is I would manually change a cell where I was hovering in, after changing the cell and getting it around 14.7 afr the car would either idle up or down and change where in the map it is so I would then adjust that cell and this became a repeating cycle until 1 or more cells are at 0. Just trying to understand what I was doing wrong here.

4- should I be trying to tune the idle with or without the isc turned on to start with? I ask because a buddy of mine with a similar setup said it made it way easier to do it with it turned off then once that was done turn it back on and fine tune it from there.

I am open to any other suggestion and help, I will also upload a file of what I have after I am done messing with it on Saturday but hoping to learn a bit more before I go into it then. 

thanks for any and all help on this!

1. Quicktune is really designed for use on the dyno where you can hold the engine relatively steady in a single cell.  Cell tolerance is how close you need to be to the center of the cell before the ecu makes adjustments.  A smaller tolerance means you need to be closer to the center.  50% means you need to be at least within halfway between the center of the cell and the edge of the cell.  You might be better using the mixture map or long term fuel trim to tune fuel from logs. 
  2. Generally a bit of both, you need the idle close enough so that it is drivable, but the bulk of the idle tuning would be done after you have the fuel and ign good. 
  3. You would generally have all the cells that it bounces around between at idle with the same value in them.  Highlight the whole lot and adjust them together.  
  4. For you to be able to tune fuel you would need the correct amount of air entering the engine to achieve the idle speed you want.  So ISC would generally have to be working to achieve that.