Link branded 45 series mac valve

Wildt267

Currently running a 46 series 4 port with my 104X.  I got boost control working but I can't get boost to come in as quickly as i could with the factory ecu on the same setup and the best results i've had so far is a 5 psi overshoot. The g4x's boost control seems like its pretty advanced.  I saw that you folks chose to use a 45 series for your branded mac valve. Is there an advantage using a 45 or a 46?  Im also curious if you have those made to custom specs.  Currently im getting 1 psi of boost for every .75%dc driving the solenoid up to 40hz.  If your valve has more resolution i would be happy to order one up.

32 minutes ago, Wildt267 said:

Currently im getting 1 psi of boost for every .75%dc

Yeah you are going to struggle with that, too sensitive for good control - at least for typical levels of boost.  1psi for 2%DC is more typical.    

As far as I know the 46series is a higher flow version of the 45series so that may be the cause of some of your sensitivity - I cant say that with confidence though, I havent played with 4 port valves much.  

1 hour ago, Wildt267 said:

Im also curious if you have those made to custom specs.

We specify ours with a high temp coil, the standard one that most supply is only rated to 50°C max.  

Thank you for the information.  It's actually quite helpful.  I do have a 45 series as well but in my testing it actually had less resolution and seems like it had a higher dead band.  I can give that another go.  If worse comes to worse I also have a 3 port but i'm obsessed with having the snappiest response i can get and I read a magazine article showing dyno results of a 4port giving faster response than a 3 port.  Can't unsee something like that.