Evo 8 Link g4x problem after car is restarted.

Krystian

I dont see any significant difference in those last two logs.  At the beginning there is a difference because one run has the fan running,the other doesnt and the coolant temp is 4deg lower, idle valve is open more, MAP is higher.  At higher RPM/load the lambda looks pretty similar in places where other data matches.  One run that is about 5% leaner at high RPM, but has lower coolant temp, lower air temp and the fan off compared to the richer run.  I would say the 5% difference is about expected since you dont have charge temp compensation enabled.  

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

I dont see any significant difference in those last two logs.  At the beginning there is a difference because one run has the fan running,the other doesnt and the coolant temp is 4deg lower, idle valve is open more, MAP is higher.  At higher RPM/load the lambda looks pretty similar in places where other data matches.  One run that is about 5% leaner at high RPM, but has lower coolant temp, lower air temp and the fan off compared to the richer run.  I would say the 5% difference is about expected since you dont have charge temp compensation enabled.  

Car is not running correct when have leaner afr. It is misfiring, choking feels like I am hauling trailer behind the car but when is restarted it is completely gone and run perfect. Those 2 logs have different coolant temperature but this in not the problem the problem is that car is switching the afr when is restarted. When injector timing is set to 320btdc it is running very rough and poor no low rpm power running like garbage but when is switch to 680btdc runs perfect. How will you explain that? Also why another evo running on the same ecu has exactly same problem and his tune had all corrections set to on and car was fully tuned?. Look like it is still a firmware problem. I can catch the car with 2 logs where all temperatures and everything will be the same but different air fuels if you like me to. Map will be higher on leaner log because when is leaner it is spooling turbo faster. Why car has to be set to 680btdc to run smooth but runs rough on 320btdc? Also look on both logs at lets say at 6k rpms. On log number 1 we have 279.6kpa and log 2 280kpa same fuel pressure and everything else is the same but afr is 10.63 on log number 1 but on log number 2 is 11.25afr. This is big difference. But not only that car runs like garbage on leaner afr and you can feel something is not right but when is restarted is running perfectly fine. it is obvious firmware problem

The trigger issue that was causing the injector timing to change by 360deg during intermittent startups has been fixed.  We dont see any further possibilities related to firmware.  

Also note, injector timing will only affect idle and low load AFR.  At 6000RPM your injector duty cycle is 71%, this means the injector is open for 511 crank degrees.  Injector timing of port injectors that are close to the intake valve has almost no effect when the duty cycle is above about 30%.    

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SNeDT6LFaKKXmJMIlPGCZ-1T9Oas9Stg/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aDr73vBCKWSpbE5t6mik9BLcHccu5vrk/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19a_yOX22PZ1RBGaqIreWxMltdrHfxMhc/view?usp=sharing

Here are 2 logs with different afr that I log today and my new updated map with iat correction on. I restarted the car and it started running like garbage especially up to 4,000 rpms it is misfiring choking and no power at all on leaner log. On richer log runs perfect. How will you explain that?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r4t9cAynsEpBUAh9WaTJ5K2J-zHMiNwd/view?usp=sharing

Look at that picture of the log.  All parameters the same (rpm, map, iat ect very close but different afr) and on both runs car run totally different. Nothing was change but only car was restarted. On leaner pull car had absolutely no power up to 4k rpm on wot was ok, another richer log car run perfect on low rpm and wot.

On 6/18/2022 at 12:59 PM, Krystian said:

Are you guys still trying to help me or this subject is done unfinished?

It was the weekend.  We are 1 day ahead of most countries down here.  I still try to answer most basic forum posts in my own time from home but cant do a lot of proper testing while not at work.

This morning I have tested your map with the new firmware on the bench extensively, simulating the same operating conditions that your logs show.  I duplicated several different operating conditions for completeness but done the bulk of my testing at 4400RPM, 160kpa MAP, 13.8V, 35IAT, 85ECT, which is about where you see the biggest lambda difference in all your logs. 

Monitoring all 4 injector outputs against the trigger signal for timing using a logic analyzer.  After more than 50 runs/ign off/restarts I always have exact same injector pulsewidth and correct injector timing every test.  The PW that the ECU is commanding matches what Im measuring on the analyzer and also matches what I get using a manual calculation.  

So when the Injector PW and injector timing is correct and the same every test I can not see any other way the ecu can influence Lambda.   We can only conclude the lambda difference is from an external influence.  Perhaps an intermittent misfire on one cylinder or some temperature related change in the injector.   

Thank you for answer. I could understand that but why when car is put back to stock ecu problem is not there? I feel like this is the problem with injector timing because lets say I have set it up at 320btdc and car runs rough up to 4k rpm you can feel is not running correct. Than you just change the injector timing in map to 680btdc without turning the car off and than car run perfect and I can drive all day like that until I restart it. I changed every possible part in my car from injectors,coils, spark plugs, throttle body, wiring, cam, crank sensors, fuel pumps, engine coolant sensor, intake sensor, map sensor and nothing is helping. Very strange is that I meet a guy that has evo 8 with link g4x and the car is doing exactly same thing as mine. I would love to find out the problem and keep that ecu but I am just tired of looking for problem that can't be found. What is the possible way to find this issue? I am engine builder myself and there in absolutely nothing in this car that I did not checked and only when injector timing is changed in ecu the car is reacting and changing air fuel that's why I was 100% sure that this is firmware issue.

The logic analyzer shows the injector timing is now correct and repeatable every start.  

17 minutes ago, Krystian said:

Very strange is that I meet a guy that has evo 8 with link g4x and the car is doing exactly same thing as mine.

If he is on the old firmware then injector timing could be an explanation in his case.  As I mentioned earlier though, injector timing will only affect AFR at light loads when duty cycle is low.  

9 minutes ago, Adamw said:

The logic analyzer shows the injector timing is now correct and repeatable every start.  

If he is on the old firmware then injector timing could be an explanation in his case.  As I mentioned earlier though, injector timing will only affect AFR at light loads when duty cycle is low.  

But new firmware did not helped in my case. So if old firmware could make that issue and installing new firmware did not helped what does it means? Let put it this this way. I start the car on injector timing 320 btdc and I am going to drive it. I am driving steady lets say on 3rd gear 2500rpms and you fell that the car is choking (sputtering) but when at this same moment without turning the car off I change it to 680btdc it stops sputtering and runs perfect. Why?

I dont have anything else to offer.  As far as I can see the ecu is doing everything correctly.  

If you think there is something wrong then the best option will be to connect an oscilloscope to Trig 2 and Inj 1 so you can see for yourself injector timing and PW.