7age 20v itb tuning

Simon Trent

7age 20v silvertop (stock cams), ls1 map, stock injectors, 11.2 compression, 1nzfe coils.

hello i have a 7age 20v silvertop, i got the engine running and driving with 1nzfe coils. took the car to a tuner that does alot of hondas. we tuned the fueling with map and rpm. tuner was insistent that he tune with map only. he did well with the wot and we did some road tuning to get the cruising working well. big problem i noticed when i drove home was at highway speeds up hills the map was peaking out at 30% tps so there is a large rich area between 30 to 80 tps. i found out about alfa n tuning so i have been trying to road tune the part throttle using a duel fuel table set to overlay. i have no idea if this is the best solution or not. i also want to know if there is a way to fine tune the vvt like the picture. currently im using 2750 on, 6000 off and on at -0.2 mgp, all three conditions have to be met. really wish there could be a table used where tps and rpm could be plotted out like factory. 

VVT_SWITCH.gif

Your tuner should be fired, what you are seeing is exactly the reason you cant use speed density with ITB's.  It is a pretty basic tuning fundamental.  You will need to start from scratch in Alpha N.  Set up the TP axis with fine increments at small openings, then you can use bigger breakpoints as it opens more.  I will attach a 20V fuel table that you can import as a starting point.  

VTC cams generally you only need to switch based on RPM - as all intake resonance is related purely to frequency.  Generally the way to find the best switch points is to do two dyno ramps, one with VTC off for the whole run and one with VTC on for the whole run.  Overlay the two run power or torque graphs and the best switch points are where the two lines cross.  

You can do a table if you wish but it is not normally needed, I suspect the factory was doing that only to reduce pumping losses at low loads for economy/emissions. 

4AGE 20V ITB fuel table.lte

here is some tunes to give a better picture. im very new at this and really dont know what im doing.

tune i went to the dyno with.pclx tuners map.pclx tuners map with duel fuel map attempt.pclx

5 hours ago, Adamw said:

Your tuner should be fired, what you are seeing is exactly the reason you cant use speed density with ITB's.  It is a pretty basic tuning fundamental.  You will need to start from scratch in Alpha N.  Set up the TP axis with fine increments at small openings, then you can use bigger breakpoints as it opens more.  I will attach a 20V fuel table that you can import as a starting point.  

VTC cams generally you only need to switch based on RPM - as all intake resonance is related purely to frequency.  Generally the way to find the best switch points is to do two dyno ramps, one with VTC off for the whole run and one with VTC on for the whole run.  Overlay the two run power or torque graphs and the best switch points are where the two lines cross.  

You can do a table if you wish but it is not normally needed, I suspect the factory was doing that only to reduce pumping losses at low loads for economy/emissions. 

4AGE 20V ITB fuel table.lte 1.21 kB · 2 downloads

how do I use this fuel table?

im still waiting for 2 new wide bands in the mail. when u get that fuel table dialed in what do u do next? do i tune with vvt or without?

17 hours ago, Adamw said:

4AGE 20V ITB fuel table.lte 1.21 kB · 8 downloads

how do i make a vvt table? 

11 hours ago, aerace_fab said:

x2 with what adam mentioned. I have something that will help you out on this one. 

post it up. im up for learning everything i can.

11 hours ago, Adamw said:

G4X is more flexible.  Below is all you need to do in G4X if you want an on/off aux controlled by a table:  0.0 where you want the cam off, 1.0 where you want the cam on.

zExaEIr.png

so awesome, thank you.