AVCS not working, link extreme , ez30

EZPSI

I noticed an issue on my most recent dyno graph  and seen there is a flat spot between 3k and 4K , 

the AVCs targets are moving around correctly but the position does not follow , it has previously worked with current hardware and link extreme ecu 

If I clear the ecu fault codes while engine is running the solenoids do a full sweep and show up to 45 deg advance on left and right side , the solenoids have been replaced and cam position sensors too but no change . 

I took a still shot of the engine runtime values on log and it shows the %dc on solenoid goes up to 6511.6% which makes no sense to me , 

when the solenoid  dc% goes up this time the solenoids advance  and the cam gears are in sync , I feel there mite be a translation issue in the firmware as the settings are as they should be and as they were when the AVCs was working

any help will be appreciated cheers 

F06DC133-A6D4-4003-A0E6-0F20824D7832.jpeg

D33FBE2D-F2D8-4A71-9592-0474C6742421.jpeg

With Ign on, engine off, if you change aux 1 function to "Test PWM" and frequency to 10Hz, do you hear the LH solenoid clicking?  Then same test on Aux 2. 

The cam position appears to be showing real position and the log show the ecu sending max duty to the solenoids, but no movement on the cams.   

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

With Ign on, engine off, if you change aux 1 function to "Test PWM" and frequency to 10Hz, do you hear the LH solenoid clicking?  Then same test on Aux 2. 

The cam position appears to be showing real position and the log show the ecu sending max duty to the solenoids, but no movement on the cams.   

Yeah they all clicking , done that other day and they buzzing away , the cams definitely move as when I clear ecu faults it cycle’s the solenoids and the cams go to 44-45 deg both sides 

I just done a quick test on the bench, when you do "clear fault codes" the auxes go to 95% DC for a short time.  So that possibly explains that, but the question is why do your cams need so much DC - they normally start moving at about 36%.  With our default PID settings for the EZ30 mode the max the ecu will command is 60% which is what is showing in your logs.  60% is normally way more than it needs to smash the cam against the mechanical stop at full speed.  So it suggests possibly oil pressure is low or the oil viscosity is incorrect.  

You can set the PID set up to "custom" and increase the max clamp to 100% if you like, but something is mechanically wrong for it to need that.  

9 minutes ago, Adamw said:

I just done a quick test on the bench, when you do "clear fault codes" the auxes go to 95% DC for a short time.  So that possibly explains that, but the question is why do your cams need so much DC - they normally start moving at about 36%.  With our default PID settings for the EZ30 mode the max the ecu will command is 60% which is what is showing in your logs.  60% is normally way more than it needs to smash the cam against the mechanical stop at full speed.  So it suggests possibly oil pressure is low or the oil viscosity is incorrect.  

You can set the PID set up to "custom" and increase the max clamp to 100% if you like, but something is mechanically wrong for it to need that.  

I have used 10w40 penrite racing oil which was always what I used ,also used in car when previously  dynod  2 years ago where AVCs was working , il put a oil pressure sensor in the banjo to check pressure to the solenoid, the oil pressure on my external gauge is reading good pressure across the chart . 

32 minutes ago, EZPSI said:

I have used 10w40 penrite racing oil which was always what I used ,also used in car when previously  dynod  2 years ago where AVCs was working , il put a oil pressure sensor in the banjo to check pressure to the solenoid, the oil pressure on my external gauge is reading good pressure across the chart . 

42 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Met you half way emwith 85 max clamp and boom she follows , il check the oil pressure at the solenoids anyway 

7B872B4C-E10B-4CA0-AC1B-5ACADF38A5A6.jpeg