2JZGE ETCS-I Throttle Body - Can I use this as a DBW Throttle?

JZSupra

Hi Guys,

I'm putting a 2JZGE (NA from a IS300) into a MK3 Supra and am wanting to have a working DBW System in the car. I have a FuryX ECU (should be here next week or two).

Going to a forward facing intake manifold causes a few other issues (Expensive, Remote reservoir for power steering and as I'm N/A will mean the intake filter will be quite long and have the filter in the bumper as the battery is on the intake side).

I'm have been planning on using the factory cross over intake and would like to know if it is possible to keep the factory Throttle Body / ETCS-i system. The system is quite odd as it's a half cable throttle (first 15% or so - I think), then DBW for the rest.

The main features of DBW that I want are, Idle and cruise control. I've seen other threads that suggest that the Link can control the DBW system, however it seems no one has asked online about whether or not these features (Idle and Cruise) can still work.

Furthermore, considering the how the DBW is implemented (Some Cable / Some DBW motor) is it really worth trying to save and setup, or should I just bite the bullet and get a standard DBW throttle body in the first place.

Yes the toyota clutched throttle works fine.  Set up and wiiring info is in the help file: Wiring Information > Input Signal Wiring > Analog Inputs > Throttle/Accelerator Position Sensors > Specific TPS/APS Applications > Toyota Clutched Electronic Throttle

Its actually fully DBW, it only switches over to cable operation when the ecu puts it into limp mode (disables the clutch).

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Yes the toyota clutched throttle works fine.  Set up and wiiring info is in the help file: Wiring Information > Input Signal Wiring > Analog Inputs > Throttle/Accelerator Position Sensors > Specific TPS/APS Applications > Toyota Clutched Electronic Throttle

Its actually fully DBW, it only switches over to cable operation when the ecu puts it into limp mode (disables the clutch).

Oh that's even better that it works as full DBW. That is actually awesome. Obviously then, I'll leave my cable pedal and hook it up. That's another task that is much more simple.

So, I was looking at how to actually wire the 3x Plugs into the Engine Loom/ECU. The help main just mentions about clutch negative to native auxiliary channel. Clutch Positive to switch 12 V and other various settings.

It doesn't mention where to wire some of the other inputs.

I had a look at the Link Plugin ECU wiring diagrams to see if I could find another Toyota with this setup. The JZX90 and 100 didn't really have anything useful. The Altezza link had the below. So should I set it up similar to the below.

So, do I wire like the below? Maybe change some of the AUX/Analog volt channels, but the premises is the same.

Switched 12V E-Throttle Clutch +
Aux 7 E-Throttle Clutch -

Aux 9 E-Throttle Motor + 
Aux 10 E-Throttle Motor -

Analog Volt 2 FPS SUB
Analog Volt 3 FPS MAIN

Analog Volt 5 TPS SUB
Analog Volt 6 TPS Main

image.thumb.png.17a67fbc196e58338cb38e063d9fbc73.png

APS and TPS can go to any spare analog inputs, you assign them in the e-throttle settings.  The motor must use aux 9 & 10.  The Clutch can use any spare aux, injector or ignition drive.  Set the "e-throttle relay output" to whichever aux you wire to the clutch.

5 minutes ago, Adamw said:

APS and TPS can go to any spare analog inputs, you assign them in the e-throttle settings.  The motor must use aux 9 & 10.  The Clutch can use any spare aux, injector or ignition drive.  Set the "e-throttle relay output" to whichever aux you wire to the clutch.

Awesome Will do. Good to know that the motor must use Aux 9 & 10. As per the help file, it mentions the Clutch needs a 12V Postive to a switched 12V. So can I just put that on any 12V and only have the ECU see the Clutch Negative (On any spare AUX).