Innovate wideband install and questions

Cake

I have wired in an innovate mtx-l wideband. I want to have some fuel consumption driving off boost. Please advise these settings in pictures attached.

I have setup the voltages as per manual. I want to have closed loop run off boost and between 500 to 3000 rpm. So would I set the Lambda settings RPM 3000 and kPa to 00? The defaults are 4000 RPM and 70 kPa.

Another thing I noticed is when I let off throttle in gear the afr never reaches afr 22. So I started looking at what was happening and saw the injector duty cycle stays on the whole time and was wondering if this is the tune or if there is something wrong?

This is a subaru 99-00 plugin v44 ecu.

post-1553-143450214316_thumb.jpg

post-1553-143450214604_thumb.jpg

post-1553-143450214609_thumb.jpg

Hi Cake,

you are using old software, looking at your screen shots.

You should update the software/firmware.

As for the injector duty staying on and your AFR not reaching 22:1 on decal, have you got injector cut (decal fuel cut) activated in the software.

You can either use decal fuel cut to shut off the injectors on decal (over run) or tune the high vacuum parts of your map, 80 and 100 Kpa (MGP).

To tune these areas, the easiest method I have found is to find a big hill or mountain range, drive down the range down shifting gears and applying the brakes to stabilise the load cell for tuning.

Obviously you need someone to be driving for you.

However using decal fuel cut is a much easier option.

No hills required.

Regards

Dave.

Thnx Dave

I will look into decal fuelling. Are the wideband settings okay tho? There is one setting I have just noticed under the fuel settings. Its afr correction and its set to off. So I need to turn that to on to get it to work. Just want 100% clarification.

After reading the manual for a while I couldn't find the setting you were talking about. I found fuel overrun tho. This seems to be what I want. It wants a TPS which I don't have. Which is most likely the whole reason behind the injectors not turning off when in gear off throttle.

Yes it is old software but its so much easier to navigate and use compared to the newer versions I have seen.

If at all possible it is well worth getting a TPS on to the engine.

The reason to go to later firmware is there are a large amount of bug fixes and improvements.

If you want it active up till the point you reach boost you need to set the map lock out to 100kpa

• 8 months later...

Hi Cake,

you can view the closed loop status 2 ways.

1 is to hit F12 key and this will open the Runtimes value list.

Click on the Fuel Tab and in the bottom right corner will be closed loop info.

If you are talking about setting up a guage type arrangement to view the status of closed loop on or off or % applied for closed loop mode, that is easy also.

Right click on the page and select NEW VIEW, DIGITAL GUAGE, Go to the fuel tab on the left and select

Lambda Fuel Correction % and also Lambda Status 1, you can select them together or as individual gauges.

Don't forget to save your layout as ????????

Hope this is what you wanted .

Regards

Dave.

• 2 months later...

total newb here

I have installed a Innovate wideband and its giving me some conflicting info

The Gauge display (on the Innovate) shows 14.5 AFR's at Idle

on the Vipec it's showing around 12.4 AFR's - so a large difference already

then on no load higher RPM the Innovate shows leaner AFR's - around 15 - 16 however the Vipec shows richer AFR's (dropping into 10 AFR's)

* some background info on the car I have just swapped the stock TD04 turbo to a JDM twin scroll VF37 with a larger compressor wheel, at the same time I also swapped the injectors from 380 cc to 565cc I have also updated to the latest firmware :?:

Hi Dave,

Thanks - I've sorted the issue, signal wire was partially grounded although there is still a small difference (around 0.2 AFR from the gauge display and ECU reading) I'm guessing due to voltage drop from the gauge to the ECU (I will change the cable size to confirm)

Hi Binny,

Ok no worries, great that you have sorted it.

Just one more thing to check also is the analogue volt output settings.

It has been many years since I have played with one of these, I thought in the software you could adjust the AFR : Voltage scale via the innovate software.

Regards

Dave.