Overrun Fuel Cut Random Activations

Quino

Hello, I'm experiencing some strange issues with the overrun fuel cut. During track testing the engine was working well, but sometimes you could feel and hear momentaneous power losses. I checked the data and saw a variable 'Limits Word Flags' which coincides with the overrun fue cut activation. It activates correctly when it is under the setted %AP and over the setted RPM, but sometimes the ECU randomly activates it very shortly.

image.thumb.png.d3f7f9377310fba55ebfa54d83193f79.png

I attach the logfile here. Could someone please explain me this 'Limits Word Flags' variable represents? and what the issue with the overrun fuel cut comes from?

Thanks in advance.

T8.llg

Will need to see your tune to see what is causing the overrun fuel cut to in when it is not expected.  

The limits flags word is what is known as a "bit flag", basically a 16bit value where each bit represents one of the limiters.  RPM limit is 1, MAP limit is 2, Over run fuel cut is 64.  So if only RPM limit is active the limit flag word will be 1.  If only overrun fuel cut is active the flag word will be 64.  If Overrun fuel cut and RPM limit are active at the same time the limit flag word will be 65.  So there are 65535 different combinations of limiters covered.  

Try this link, I've tried to share an excel decoder.  If it opens in read only mode you will have to click the edit button.  Type your limit flag word into the box at the top and hit enter, the limits that were active should be highlighted red.  https://1drv.ms/x/s!AiYbYlZQuRHPxkEMcZGv55oQwzbU?e=bjkHQA

AHQ0C2e.png

I think the problem is you have AP sub & main assigned to two different sources.  You have them assigned to Analog input 6 & 7, then also coming in on CAN bus user stream 9.  I suspect the CAN stream will sometimes be overwriting the analog value with a "0".  You must only have one source assigned to AP sensors.