Lost connection to g4x

YONDOA

Me and my tuner were going through some E throttle setup yesterday through team viewer, about midway through we lost connection to the ecu and haven't been able to connect again. Can here the throttle motor clicking rapidly. 

Tried the firmware update and same deal, the two LEDS on the ecu just blink rapidly. And the below fault on the screen pops up.

Tried a different laptop and same result. 

Checked for decent voltage and maybe dead fuses but nothing out of order. 

Any help from here would be greatly appreciated. Have team viewer available if that's helps 

20220814_110330.jpg

May have just worked it out, so my ecu has been modified for DBW. If I unplug flying leads from my loom I can reconnect to the ecu no problem, as soon as I plug in the throttle body I lose connection.... 

Question is why?

Im assuming it was modified by Link? 

My first thought is possibly the main power supply is missing, the type of symptom you describe is often what you see when the ecu is only getting power from a back feeding aux.  As soon as the E-throttle is pulling current the back feed cant supply enough power so the ecu shuts down.  

A quick test you could do is get some small jumper clips and connect power straight from the battery or other known good source in the car directly to the TVS diode as shown below.  +12V goes to the striped end, gound to the other end.  

SgWPVBc.png