Baro (BAP) Increasing

Stew3223

Hello all,

I just got my VPS2 plug in board installed yesterday in my V2 ('96) WRX. I performed all pre-start checks and started the engine with no issues. Drove around for a bit tinkering with base fueling and then brought the car back home. Sitting in the garage playing around at Idle, I noticed that BAP had crept up to ~108 kpa. when I did the MAP sensor calibration before starting everything seemed normal (BAP=101, MAP=100.5). I currently DO NOT have an IAT sensor configured (on my to-do list) and the car isn't fitted with one from the factory (no IAT integrated into MAF sensor). I have not changed the Barometric sensor configuration either, its still set to "Standard".

What could cause BAP to slowly increase as the engine is running? If its an internal Baro sensor, shouldn't it be constant?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards.

Check what the MAP is reading at key on engine not running. If it matches the baro then it is likely atmospheric changes (however rather large one)

If Baro is out compared to MAP then we do have an issue that will need investigation.

Check what the MAP is reading at key on engine not running. If it matches the baro then it is likely atmospheric changes (however rather large one)

If Baro is out compared to MAP then we do have an issue that will need investigation.

Today when I started the car MAP=100 and Baro=96. As the car idled and warmed up I played around with some ISC settings and tip in enrichment. Within a span of ~10-20 min Baro crept up to ~104.5kpa. This, in my opinion, is absolutely NOT a real change in atmosphere. Here in Michigan, Baro is usually ~99kpa. 1-2kpa change is more reasonable....6-10kpa? no way.

I spoke with my distributor today (Innovative Tuning in New York) and ordered the expansion connector so I can configure my IAT sensor. After this, if the issue is still present we'll have to proceed with further investigation.

Should I log this and send it along?

Thanks!

I just went to go look at the runtime voltages. Didn't see a list of internal voltages...

I did however notice that without the engine even running (Key on, engine off, ECU initialized) that Baro crept from 99-102 in the span of ~2 minutes...

Definitely seems like something is wrong.

That looks as expect. I think we need to get the unit back to test and fix.

Simon,

How can we arrange this as soon as possible? I've got a rally on the 16th of October I'm preparing for.

Do I deal directly with you, or should I contact my dealer?

If you can, reach me directly with email - [email protected]

Thanks,

Simon,

The new unit arrived this morning. Two things:

- Shockingly fast shipping/service. Thank you sooo much for promptly addressing my issue and providing the replacement unit without a hassle.

- The new unit is installed and working perfectly. :D

Also Kudo's to your Distributor Innovative Tuning. Mike and Ian we're great to work with as well.

Thanks again!