Tach not working evo9

Evo94g63

Hello guys I need help I had my tuner put a g4 link ecu into my evo9 and he got the car running but the issue is the tach does not work. When he 1st got the car running at idle the tach was bouncing around 8-9k and I pick up the car last night and the tach does not work. He was also clueless as he told me to try and different cluster so I did that and the tach still does not work so I'm asking fellow link ecu members does the tach need to be calibrated to the ecu cause now I don't know where to go from here.

The tacho is driven directly from the crank trigger on the evo 9 ecu, does it still have a stock trigger wheel on the crank?  If not using the stock trigger you will have to move the tacho wire to an aux.  I will give you some instructions when you confirm trigger.

• 2 months later...

In the stock setup you cant with the evo 9 ecu, the tacho is driven directly by the crank sensor.  

You could try moving the tacho wire from pin 45 to either ign 5 or 6 on pin 3 or 4 then set that to tacho.  It may or may not work depending if the ign drive pull-up is strong enough.  If it didnt work then you would just need to add an extra pull-up resistor.