popping, sputtering when tipping in at low rpm

Robert B. Cope

Hello,

I've got an SC400 w/ 1uz VVTI motor. Previously it had a stock motor and the tune was great. I had a new motor build, with big cam and head work to match, etc, etc. I basically scaled the old tune up a bit and it seems to work okay. But at low RPM, when I floor it, or tip in significantly, I get a lot of popping and banging, then it starts to go. It looks like it goes lean on me:

image.thumb.png.9bbd3bdb8aac167ad690d3cf55dce6df.png

I have tried playing with various accel enrichment settings and cannot get it to go away. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thank you!

SC400-NEW-MOTOR-4.pclr 5.llg

You've got way too much accel enrichment I would say, you have ~100% extra fuel being dumped in for only the smallest throttle movement.  

Drop your accel sensitivity down to about 30, and halve the current values in your clamp table would put you back somewhere closer to what I expect to see.  

I suggest adding the parameter "accel fuel" to your time plot so you can see where it is happening and how much it is adding.  It wont mean a lot to you initially, but it is helpful to see as you make changes.  Obviously you dont want it so sensitive that is is adding extra fuel at every small touch of throttle, but you should see a decent spike during a quick stab.  It varies a lot from engine to engine, but just to give you an idea I most commonly see small/short spikes of accel enrichment up to around 35-50% with a fairly quick throttle movement.  

I actually have it graphed, but to your point, I don't really know what it was supposed to look like. I saw it go lean and thought "okay, I can add a bit more fuel" but that obviously didn't do anything good. I should have thought to try less fuel, even if that didn't seem right.