350Z gen 1 with 370z engine , product advise wanted

KennyJ

I got asked the wire up a 350z car with the newer 370z engine.

is this possible ? i have no experience with the platform but i spotted 2 dbw throttles so that the first issue
any input welcome as is advise.

plugin would be handy , stock wiring looks fine

wire-in is fine if needed

The G4X ecus can do 2 x DBW using the external module for the 2nd.  But the VVEL system on these engines is currently something we dont have support for.  They have a DC servo motor on each intake cam that controls valve lift.  Im not sure if that also controls valve timing or they have a separate system for that. 

The VVEL motors in the OEM setup have a standalone motor controller that gets its commands from the ECU via CAN bus.  We have no info on those messages at this stage.  And our ECU's dont have enough H-bridges to control the motors directly. 

I believe Haltech support the factory CAN bus controller while Motec do the motor control directly.  Unfortunately we cant do either at the moment.  I would like to reverse engineer the CAN one day but the opportunity hasnt arisen yet.