Bosch Pressure and Temp Sensor

Kenneth Yu

Hi All,

I have wired up 2 of these temp and pressure sensors. The temp sensor is working fine as I wired in a 1k pull sensor, but I am not getting any pressure on pressure side of things. I hit f12 to look at the numbers and ANVOLT 8 and ANVOLT 10. Its reading like 0.5v....

I am assuming if I wired it wrong, it wouldn't even read 0.5v?

While cranking the SR20DET, I am still seeing it sit at 0.5v. I am reluctant to start the engine without a readout of the pressure.

Any help would be great thanks!

-Ken

7 hours ago, Adamw said:

0.5V would be correct for 0 pressure.  What are the sensors measuring - I assume one is oil pressure?  whats the other one?  

Actually 3 pressure sensor. Fuel pressure, oil pressure and radiator water pressure. 

But even if i crank i see 0 oil pressure. Doesnt even move

Thanks

3 hours ago, Kenneth Yu said:

But even if i crank i see 0 oil pressure. Doesnt even move

I wouldnt just assume it is a pressure sensor problem though.  I have seen many fresh engines over the years where no pressure can be achieved on cranking and needs further investigation.  Often the pump has not been primed acceptably.  So you need to verify.  Use a mechanical gauge, or check the sensor with a mighty vac or air compressor etc.  

Does the fuel pressure sensor voltage also not change when the fuel pump is forced on?  

2 minutes ago, Adamw said:

I wouldnt just assume it is a pressure sensor problem though.  I have seen many fresh engines over the years where no pressure can be achieved on cranking and needs further investigation.  Often the pump has not been primed acceptably.  So you need to verify.  Use a mechanical gauge, or check the sensor with a mighty vac or air compressor etc.  

Does the fuel pressure sensor voltage also not change when the fuel pump is forced on?  

Fuel is through just standard aem pressure sensor and works spot on. I think i may need to prime it more. 

Any ideas on why my dash pressure sensor isnt on? Is there a setting i missed?

Thanks adamw in advance

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

The oil light will come from a separate switch connected to the dash - not controlled by the ecu at all.  

Got it ... sorry this is resolved. I had to just keep cranking for like a minute but got up to 40psi of oil pressure on the new motor. Appreciate all the help and knowledge.