5v/Bosch pressure/temp issue

Adam Cooper

G4X XtremeX VL Commodore RB30

Hi, I am having problems with the readings coming from my Bosch 10bar pressure/temp sensor. The temp side is working, but reading ~50°c at ambient. I am using it to measure oil pressure/temp. I am using the std Bosch NTC as the calibration. The pressure side is not working at all, with the engine off I get 0.14v which does not change once it’s running and I have confirmed pressure with a different sensor/gauge. Unplugged i get 0.02v so it’s reading something. 

Before I rewired most of the engine, the original ECT sensor was reading correct, but now it’s about ~10-15°c cooler than what it should be. 

I am running an e throttle using FG Falcon pedal and TB and the APS sensors continually go out of sync. The pedal is a used one that was supposedly “good”. Sometimes the APS reading will  increase from 0 to ~10% over a 15min period without touching the pedal. 

I am wondering if this is all related to a 5v issue or if they’re all separate problems. Any help would be appreciated. 

87BF137C-83D2-4829-8C21-8BBD73B88378.jpeg

46496012-EDB8-4BCF-BF18-E57E68FA6B01.jpeg

You can see the 5V output voltage in the runtimes screen, ecu status tab to confirm that is ok. 

The pressure sensor output shouldnt go below 0.5V, so 0.14V would suggest a wiring issue.  Since it is showing a voltage in the ecu that would suggest the ecu end or the wiring is ok, there is something wrong at the sensor end.  Pinout is incorrect or it doesnt have 5V.   

In your screenshot above AN Temp3 is showing 2.10V, which would be roughly 55°C using the bosch NTC calibration.  

If only the APS is drifting but TPS, MAP etc is all still reading correctly then it cant be a 5V supply issue.  

• 2 weeks later...