Any suggestions for a TPMS system?

chris023

Doing some digging to see what options there might be for a TPMS system.  I'm setting up a realdash display I'm hoping to output the information on.

I've found some aftermarket receivers which are coupled with a display; Are there any oem receivers that I could potentially retrofit into the canbus or any aftermarket options designed for this?

18 hours ago, Adamw said:

Quite a few vendors sell what appears to be the same generic alibaba Chinese one, inc Haltech, Trailbrake etc.  I would probably go for trailbrake's one as at least they publish the CAN data for theirs.  https://trailbrake.com/tire-tpms/

Thanks, these are exactly the units I was looking at.  May see if I can get a unit directly from TireMagic on Alibaba who I think is the OEM, so we'll see! Does your team have any direct experience with their units?

No I have no personal experience.  Just make sure they can give you the CAN data, Im pretty sure trailbrake has special firmware so their data will likely not match the generic one.  I beleive they could be difficult to reverse engineer also as they dont broadcast data until the are above a certain speed so that makes it difficult to bench test using known pressures etc.