Vk56

Gumbee

Hi all trying to help out a friend. He as a vk56 in a jet boat and running some type of aftermarket ecu. We are having starting issues but I can find any info on the ecu photos attached

does any have any info on the type of ecu. 

Also what would a replacement link be. 

B8C7038A-CC47-4AA2-9A5D-91CF4E4B7F5C.jpeg

82A44DC9-1BAD-4E2B-8FE3-ED0F1E4F8B79.jpeg

66978926-F26F-440F-BC59-043FAABC08D9.jpeg

That looks very much like a "ECS" ecu, they are/were made in NZ by an Ex-Link engineer.   Bob Richardson is his name.  I dont know if he is still doing them and dont know how to get a hold of him.  You could possibly try searching the NZ Companies office for "Engine Control Systems" or "Bytespeed".  

Im pretty sure they only do batch fire injection, so the Link Monsoon would probably be the closest equivalent.  

I have never touched one of those ecu's so cant give much advice - difficult cold start could be many things, but I would say most commonly it is tune related.  Tuning aspects such as cranking enrichment, pre-crank prime etc are not optimised, possibly airflow related too - you usually need to open the idle valve more than normal during cranking to get more air and vapor moving.