Link---Tablet options

Howard Coleman

like many, i log w my laptop on the pass seat. i did a search and found a thread dating to 2013 asking if Link's software would work with something other than Windows. there are some really good Android tablets available that could also work as a dash. there are very few Windows options. i am about to purchase a Surface but it runs behind numerous Android options.  i plan to use it as a dash while underway as well as a logger. i will then download the logs into my laptop.

am i missing any available, or soon to be available, options?

thank you  

14 hours ago, Howard Coleman said:

like many, i log w my laptop on the pass seat. i did a search and found a thread dating to 2013 asking if Link's software would work with something other than Windows. there are some really good Android tablets available that could also work as a dash. there are very few Windows options. i am about to purchase a Surface but it runs behind numerous Android options.  i plan to use it as a dash while underway as well as a logger. i will then download the logs into my laptop.

am i missing any available, or soon to be available, options?

thank you  

Howard,

If you're buying a Microsoft Surface Pro, they normally come with & run Windows 11 (or with Windows 10 if it's an older model) as the native operating system, not Android. If that's the case, you can just install Link's PCLink software on that and use it to log/display as-is. I've got a Surface Pro 8 from my work that I loaded PCLink on, it works great for tuning/logging as a passenger seat dash display. No extra computer geekery required!

Pete