e throttle blip

cwhite951

I am thinking about an interesting project, I am converting my 944 turbo to E throttle and one of the things I would like to implement is a 'blip switch'. a simple momentary contact switch mounting to the shift lever that would open the throttle when pressed manually. It looks way to complex to come up with gear position sensors on the old 5 speed so a 'real' blip shift rev matching system would be difficult to design/install - so manual button could replace heal / toe rev matching. I would like to tie it into the clutch switch so that the button is only enabled when the clutch is released so that it cant manipulate the throttle when in gear.

Any thoughts to this idea?

BTW - I was an avid heal/toe guys for 40+ years, recent injuries/old age have made it not as easy and the 944 is evolving into a widebody GT car making it more difficult for me to be as smooth as I once was.

Thunder ECU on this one.

For a synchro type gearbox I would do the blip using a 2nd E-throttle target table.  Use a GP output to enable the 2nd target with whatever conditions you want to trigger a blip - I normally just use clutch and brake pedal together as the trigger.  Using the E-throttle target rather than the gear shift function blip means you can vary the blip amount based on speed & RPM or similar.  You may need to add a timer to the conditions depending how consistent your shifts are.