evo link pnp

wordword

was driving and the car died, now when cranking the trigger 1 and 2 signal in run time values stays at no. So 2 questions, is there a better way to check to see if the ecu is seeing signal and if the crank has no signal will the cam sensor also not show a signal? i know some of the tests like continuity to the ecu pin etc but im just kinda worried and dont want to have to remove the timing cover to check the crank sensor yet.

10 hours ago, wordword said:

is there a better way to check to see if the ecu is seeing signal and if the crank has no signal will the cam sensor also not show a signal?

A voltmeter or oscilloscope would, but if the ecu says no signal then it means it is receiving less than 1.5V from the trigger sensors.  Since both stopped working at the same time then it is more likely the common 12V supply or ground to the sensors is missing.  Start by confirming you have 12V and ground on the correct pins at the sensors.  

On 12/10/2022 at 8:22 AM, Adamw said:

A voltmeter or oscilloscope would, but if the ecu says no signal then it means it is receiving less than 1.5V from the trigger sensors.  Since both stopped working at the same time then it is more likely the common 12V supply or ground to the sensors is missing.  Start by confirming you have 12V and ground on the correct pins at the sensors.  

looks like my crank sensor is gone, voltage on signal wire not changing when i turn over the engine. which 2 pins do i check for resistance?