Dbw issue on ngttx.

dyllanbmx

Hey,

so I attempted to set up my ecu last night to get my car running to check over before I drop it off for a tune on the weekend.

when going to calibrate my DBW throttle I’m running into an issue where it will begin the calibration but immediately come up with an error with ecu offline and the ecu is clicking like a relay with the throttle clicking at the same rate.

I believe everthing is wired up correctly, iv confirmed the 5v supply’s and grounds are correct and the power and earth to the motor is correct.

I have AUX 9&10 wired in to control the motor

and an 9&10 for main and sub (iv tried swapping them around with no Change to issue) and wired the sensors to sensor ground and 5v supply on the expansion loom

iv added below the set up iv put in, hoping there’s something obvious 

im running a Bosch 82mm throttle body

thanks!

44ADBA4B-3040-4B1E-B18C-F127A5E577B2.jpeg

B9920C20-B2B0-44CD-9FD8-0EC32194B642.jpeg

Has this ECU been modified by Link?  

Sounds like low voltage or a problem with the main power supply.  Can you start a PC log before doing the TPcal so we can see if that captures any clues before it shuts down.  Attach a copy of your tune also.

iv attaced both, 

after some testing i mannaged to get ecu fault 74: analog 5V supply error, the TPS is connected to AN V 10 and 9 if this is anything to go off

and the low current +5 sup off expantion loom 1 ( this also has the FPS running off the same low current 5v)

stagea dbw.pclx PC Datalog - 2022-12-15 6;04;18 pm.llgx

Also filmed what is was doing but the files to big to add

Your battery voltage is showing only 6.4V in that log.  When you start the TP calibration the voltage drops even further and ecu shuts down.  5.6V was the last voltage recorded just before it shut down .

So you either have a flat battery or an issue with the ECCS circuit.  

Note your ECU is disabled also, so it is not going to run an engine until you unlock it.  

rzLAqFp.png

With a new battery I managed to get it to calibrate so thank for that.

and have managed to get my ecu unlocked

my problem now is have faults 77, 76 and 86

iv notched my volts for pedal position isn’t moving opposite to each other is this possible a wiring fault or have I gotten something wrong?

side note, my cluster isn’t powering up

if I can work this out, I’ll just leave it for my tuner next week, I was just hoping to have it running to check over for leaks before I give the car to him

7B99D074-BF53-4E8D-A983-8B4482AFF896.jpeg

14 minutes ago, dyllanbmx said:

iv notched my volts for pedal position isn’t moving opposite to each other is this possible a wiring fault or have I gotten something wrong?

They dont need to move in opposite directions.  

Can you leave E-throttle in set-up mode and do a PC log of some pedal movements.  Attach a copy of your tune also.  

You still have the same battery voltage issue.  9V is the best I see in those logs, it drops to 5.6V in some areas.  

It looks like the issue with your pedal is you havent done the calibration.  The APS main reads 7.5% with the pedal released while the APS sub reads 0%, they should both show 0%.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys.

forgot to give everyone an update, 

Worked out the issue, it had nothing to do with the dbw set up. 
the switched power relay wasn’t being correctly connected and not allowing full voltage through. 
I ran a wire and switch to earth to switch the relay on and the problem is gone, everything runs as it should.

so I have a factory wiring gremlin I need to sort out later on.

thank you for everyone’s input