2008 350z Tuning Options

GreyZ

I currently have a 2008 350z HR that is flash tuned on the stock ecu.  It has been boosted for 25k miles.   I am looking to jump to a standalone and have *some experience with tuning with Link.  

The 350z HR cars have dual electronic throttle bodies.   This limits me to the G4+ Thunder I believe.  It looks like boomslang makes a harness for the 350z HR to the link G4+ Thunder.  

https://www.boomslang.com/link-g4x.php?make=Nissan&model=350Z&year=2008&id=32&trans=Manual

Does anyone have any insight on this?  Has it been done before?  Would this system be run in parallel, or could it replace the factory ecu?  Have the CAN protocols/ a base setup for the 350z HR ever been created?? 

G4X can also do 2 x DBW using the external module for 1 of them.  Or the G5 Voodoo has 2 x DBW onboard (meant to be released first quarter 2023).  I havent personally heard any info on how well or even if our existing 350Z CAN stream works in the later cars so there is some risk there unless you find someone else that has done it.  Actually I think there was a guy that helped us with the trigger information that was putting a Thunder in one, I will see if I can find him. 

14 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Actually I think there was a guy that helped us with the trigger information that was putting a Thunder in one, I will see if I can find him.  

I just found my old discussion about this.  He was actually putting a VQ35HR into an earlier 350Z so he wont have any info about the later model CAN.

Thanks for that info Adam.    

It is surprising to me that I cannot find someone who has done it before, but I will keep searching.  

I know the can streams are different than the 03-06 cars. So that is my biggest hurdle at the moment.