gt101 sensor

davidbek95

Have you scoped/checked with a diodetestlamp that the sensor actually reads the collars? Have you tried with pull-up on/off?

I have seen people made trigger wheels of non-magnetic material resulting that the sensor doesnt see the teeths...

Hi,

The GT101 sensor is Hall Effect and does not require a magnetic tooth or trigger edge.

the GT101 sensor really needs to see a clean tooth edge.

The GT101 is a hall effect sensor that is normally used in conjunction with a trigger wheel or tone wheel.

If you are using bolts in your collar, how far is the sensor end to the collar.

If the distance to the collar is to far the sensor may not be able to trigger correctly,

remember that the collar surface will be regarded by the ecu as the 0 volt negative face, for the falling trigger edge for the sensor

I normally run with an air gap of .040 / 1mm to the top of the tooth, with GT 101 sensors.

You really need to have a nice square tooth for the GT101 to get a clean trigger edge.

Are you using 8 volt or 12 volt to the positive of the GT101.

Regards

Dave.

Hi,

can you post a picture of the sensor setup with your trigger tooth setup/collar.

I also agree with Ben, that the alloy collar would not work as the Hall Effect sensor would not be influenced by the alloy but would be influenced with the bolt.

Regards

Dave.

You must confirm that the sensor outputs a signal when it sees the tooth. If it doesnt, the ViPEC will never see the signal and you will therefore not get any speed measurements. You should buy/borrow a diode test lamp (they are really cheap) and see that the output signal change when the tooth passes by the sensor. I believe it should work if the tooth is made of a material that will work with the sensor. Not stainless steel or aluminium.

You can use a cheap diode test lamp as this one: http://biltema.no/no/Bil---MC/Verktoy-o ... 8-V-15669/

Cost about 5 usd.

well worked out the problem, its in the wiring, I have to check tomorrow, as I ran another set of wires from the ecu to the gt 101 sensor, and it worked, so the problem in the wiring, I used the proper cable wire, I used deutz plugs as well, as soon as I put steel nnear the sensor, I seen a reading, which I am happy, so got to nut out the problem.

regards david