Link ECU knock control

drifter17a

Hi All,

I have an r34 gtt and want to setup knock control as realised it was not setup by my tuner.

Car is quite load with forge engine, how would I find the target and gain to set this up?

When I look at the option to setup this, I can see three ways, use existing knock sensor as analouge input, I don't think link supports this , use link internal knock sensor or external.

re internal knock sensor, how does this work ? is there a cable of some sort for link to recognise ping / knock ?

re extrnal sensors, what are my options ?

What ECU do you have?  The atom and monsoon dont have a DSP onboard for processing knock so they used an external processor, this is what the external option is for.  Internal is for ECU's that have the onboard knock processor, this would be Strom, Xtreme, plug-ins etc.  Knock control using an analog input was only in early firmware and was later removed as it didnt work very well, this was for external knock controllers like the old J&S safegaurd, some dynos and other tuning tools such as plex knock monitor. 

Thanks

mine is g4 + plug in.i am going to see if it works with factory sensors, I do think rb25 have knock sensors on the block just not sure if it is connected 

in link, would these be recognised as input such as analouge or digital or no it is seen as sensor if using the original wiring for plug in?

It will need a lot more than just turning on.  Yes you should see knock levels reported once you enable it, and set the appropriate settings, allocate trim tables etc.  But that wont tell you anything about knock - Every part of the knock control function will need tuning and validating before you can assume it is working correctly and use it as a safety, this is usually done by an experienced tuner with a dyno and audio knock equipment. This is usually done as one of the last steps when the rest of the ecu tune is optimised.  

Yeah I get that and the need to find a base, gain, tune tables and action(retard or fuel cut)

to clarify I was stating if I turn the car on and rev slightly standing still while knock control is on, If i see a graph then it confirms the link ecu is plugged into the factory knock sensors which I believe the answer is yes from your earlier post:)