Knock control questions

Wagonster

I have recently purchased an HC92X with the E-throttle add on, I realize now it does not have a dedicated knock sensor input in the pinout. The engine this will be running is a modified Honda D16a6, it has been bored and crank swapped with one from a D17a2, as well as a lightly ported D16z6 head so I will have VTEC on it. I have been running this engine boosted on a stock ECU with a Moats Demon II, I purchased this ECU for the ease of the install. So I wouldn't have to modify the wiring harness to new plugs, just swap around and add a few pins. I was wanting to know is there a way that I could either wire a knock sensor to an Analog or Digital input? Or would I be able to use the Can Bus stream to add one in? I read in another thread on here that it might be possible. But I do not see how the modification is done. I have a link dealer local to me if they would be authorized to do any adding of wires to allow it to function. I hope there is a way to add this function, as I see in the software side it has knock control tables and functions when I load a 92-95 Honda base map in.

The ecu has the knock control processing hardware onboard but the adapter board for that specific ecu is one of our older designs that doesnt have the knock input connected to any externally available pin.  We sell that ecu at a lower cost to the other plug-ins since it is missing some of this IO.  You could return the ecu to Link to have a wire link added to make the knock input available or if you know someone local who is experienced with SMD soldering I could possibly give you instructions to do it.  It is a fairly easy job - just soldering a wire link between 2 solder pads, but you can damage the interboard connectors easily if overheated so it needs to be someone experienced.   

That makes sense, as I saw how the E-throttle addition was implemented. I have done smd repairs as well as computer component repair on a variety of PCBS. If I do not feel comfortable doing the work I know my friend that does wiring at the motorsports shop here locally can.