2NZ-FE / 1NZ-FE VVT PID config

Mitchelljsmith

Hello, recently bought a G4x storm for my 1nz-fe.

i can see there is a VVT config for a 2nz-fe already, which should in theory be correct for the 1nz due to engine similarities.

I’m not with the car since it is in the workshop having other work done currently so I can’t check myself unfortunately.

When I change from default to “custom” using the map file I have saved on my computer the “custom” values are the same on all VVT solinoid so I assume I need to have it connected live to check?

Is it possible someone can send me the PID values for the 2nz-fe cam solinoid? My friend has a maxxecu with a custom config for his 1nz and I would like to see if the PID details for 2nz match up or if I need to configure manually using his details! 

Thanks in advance! Sorry if this is not allowed. If not I will have to wait until I get the car back and check.

These are the values I can see on “custom” without the ecu connected, as I previously mentioned it doesn’t change even if I change from a Toyota solinoid to Honda or suburu etc, I assume they aren’t all the same and this is just a default value when disconnected ?

image.jpg

Using PID values from a different ecu is no use to you, it is very unlikely any of the control strategy is even similar.  You should always confirm and tune the control loop.  Even oil viscosity and oil pressure can make a big difference to the final PID values required. 

3 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Using PID values from a different ecu is no use to you, it is very unlikely any of the control strategy is even similar.  You should always confirm and tune the control loop.  Even oil viscosity and oil pressure can make a big difference to the final PID values required. 

Thanks for confirming, i did not realise there would be discrepancies between differant ecus!

is it possible for you to share me the stock 2nz vvt pid config so I have a base line to edit from in that case? Thanks in advance