Several learning curve problems...

Ronny

Just upgraded to a G4x from a G4 and need a little help getting up to speed.

1: Tried exporting wheelspeed can stream for the e46 from a file Adam had posted then tried importing the stream in my tune but when I hit apply it tells me can 1 channel 1 has a parameter that cannot be written by can.

2: PID setup, selected idle speed control, didnt show any runtime values in that window, how does it work?

3: cold start and idle works great and even accel enrichment seems to be a lot easier to work out in the g4x compared to my old g4. But for some reason when its up to temp and I turn the engine off and restart it, it will start just fine but as soon as the crank/afterstart enrichment fades out it will go super lean at idle. if I give it 0,1% throttle it will run just fine and if I keep it alive for 10-20 seconds and then let it idle it stays at lambda 1. Can cll be set to always stay on no matter what?

3 hours ago, Ronny Lidman said:

Tried exporting wheelspeed can stream for the e46 from a file Adam had posted then tried importing the stream in my tune but when I hit apply it tells me can 1 channel 1 has a parameter that cannot be written by can.

There are no wheel speed receive channels in G4X, change them to CAN Freq.  

PID setup, selected idle speed control, didnt show any runtime values in that window, how does it work?

The "PID Setup" is for logging/viewing the P/I/D factors being applied to the control loop.  The actual PID settings are in the idle control settings - Proportional and derivative is done by idle ignition, integral is done by the actuator.  

3: cold start and idle works great and even accel enrichment seems to be a lot easier to work out in the g4x compared to my old g4. But for some reason when its up to temp and I turn the engine off and restart it, it will start just fine but as soon as the crank/afterstart enrichment fades out it will go super lean at idle. if I give it 0,1% throttle it will run just fine and if I keep it alive for 10-20 seconds and then let it idle it stays at lambda 1. Can cll be set to always stay on no matter what?

Most lambda sensors would take longer than 20seconds to warm up so CLL isnt going to work.  Post a log of a good start Vs bad start.

Issue 1 resolved, will try to make a log of the starts later this week. As for the PID setup window, Where can I see these values? and the integral is not listed in idle settings. propotional and derivative gains are listed in ignition idle control. And lowering the values in base position raises the idle, is aux 1/2 flipped or has it allways been like that, cant remember.

3 hours ago, Ronny said:

As for the PID setup window, Where can I see these values?

Same way you see any parameter, add them to a time plot or gauge etc.  

UMRsmtT.png

3 hours ago, Ronny said:

and the integral is not listed in idle settings.

Provided you have idle speed control mode set to closed loop then the integral will be in the Idle actuator menu.

DPmjCMs.png

3 hours ago, Ronny said:

And lowering the values in base position raises the idle, is aux 1/2 flipped or has it allways been like that, cant remember.

No, in G4X the idle position values are " percent open", so larger numbers should raise the idle speed.  If you have a 3wire valve then change your Aux 1 active state to the opposite of what it is now.  

• 3 months later...

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me figure out accel enrichment. 

The engine is a m50b28 8,5:1 compression ratio, cat cams 275 degrees in and out togheter with s50 euro itbs. when giving it a little throttle it goes super lean and almost stalls and the fuel table numbers seem off. (not yet been able to take it on the road) Just mashed some numbers in to where it could actually pull itself out of the garage without leaning out and stalling. Made a log of startup and some throttle blips.

PC Datalog - 2023-05-14 1;40;38 pm.llgx 320i.pclx

You've got way too much accel fuel, your PW at idle is about 1ms, and you have 8-15ms of accel fuel added when you blip the throttle (ie 1400% extra fuel), more typically you would see accel fuel add around 30-150% extra.

I would change the breakpoints on the TP axis of the fuel table to 0,2,5,8,11,15,20,30,50,70,100.  Zero out or turn off the 4D fuel table.  Populate the charge temp approximation table with the example shown in the help file.  For the Accel sens table, start with 3 right across.  In the main fuel settings change Async min PW to 0.5ms.  And get a more realistic Ign table in there, you should then have a better starting point to work from.  

Did all the suggested changes, still a little hesitant from idle and stabbing the throttle so I tried setting the the 1000 rpm sens to 6 and now it seems to be happy, will have to adjust the decay and sens when I can get it on the road. when i populated the chartgetemp table, idle got a little choppy. maybe the idle settings need a little tweaking now. The ignition table is roughly what the e36 basemap has in it around the vacuum my engine shows at idle. Does anyone have a suggestion for the ignition table?