Jzx link CAN lambda setup

joeshaw123

Hi

I’m looking at getting a can lambda as my current analogue input is a bit weirdly temperamental (Stack gauge with 0-4v).

I’ve been trying to get my head around the can wiring but for some reason I’m struggling. The JZX plugin manual refers to the Can comms as RS232-RX and -TX on pins 4 and 5, however the can connector CANJST seems to have the CAN on pins 2 and 3. 

In addition, I’ve been considering a Haltech Can lambda because of the considerable cost difference at least over here in the UK, among some anecdotal sensor life performance benefits, and they refer to it as Can-H and Can-L. 

Is the jzx link manual wrong or am I misinterpreting things - does CAN-H go to pin 2 and Can-L to pin 3 on the 5 pin JST? And the power and ground have to come from an external source on these 5 pin type ecus?

Sorry for waffling on. Thanks in advance!

Thanks Adam. 

I was obviously misunderstanding the notes regarding the RS232 pinout in the manual but as far as I can tell, there is no pinout for the CAN 2 in the manual.

Regarding setting this up for can lambda, is it as simple as connecting pins 2 and 3 to the correct pins on the CAN lambda; I don't need a terminating resistor or anything like that? And just change lambda 1 from whatever AN Volt I have it set to, to Link CAN?

Cheers
Joe

It is good practice to have both ends of a CAN bus terminated, but we have tested the Link CAN lambda seems to still communicate reliably with only the internal ecu terminating resistor, we havent tested the Haltech one.  

Set up instructions are in the help file under CAN>Device Specific CAN Information