how to set egt sensor ?

sungwon

thanks adam
First of all, I applied the link file and config file you sent (I checked the modified part)
But I can't see it in the dash logger.
If you reapply the original config file, you will see it again.
what did i miss?
Thank you always for your reply

After changing the can port to can 1, it comes out of the dash normally.
However, the value of egt is different from the value from the actual pc and the value from the dash.
I think the settings are wrong... I can't find them
please reply thank you

KakaoTalk_20230227_150759606_02.jpg

KakaoTalk_20230227_150759606.jpg

KakaoTalk_20230227_150759606_01.jpg

I dont actually see anything wrong in my settings that would cause this error.  

Can you try the files below, I have changed the channel function to a generic temperature as maybe they have some odd scaling applied to the egt function.  

MXS 1.2 Strada Sungwon V2.zconfig is300_2jz_654p73t_EGT Forum V2.pclr

Applying the file you sent solved the problem.
thank you so much
As a mechanic, I have a question
When I reviewed the files in advance, I couldn't find any significant changes.... Could you tell me what part you modified and how?
Anyway thank you so much Adam

KakaoTalk_20230227_220421888.jpg

7 hours ago, sungwon said:

When I reviewed the files in advance, I couldn't find any significant changes.... Could you tell me what part you modified and how?

In the ECU, the temperature channels by default have a +50°C offset applied - this is so it can work with temperatures below zero, down to -50°C.  So for example a temperature of 0°C is stored as a value of 50 in the ecu memory, a temperature of -30°C is stored in the ecu memory as 20.  These offset values are what is transmitted over CAN bus also.  So when the CAN message is received by the dash, the dash subtracts 50 from the received value to convert back into deg C.

In the first file with the incorrect temperature displayed on the dash it seemed like the dash was doing something wrong with the math.  I confirmed the ecu was sending out the expected value.  Since it is unlikely you will ever need to measure an exhaust gas temperature below 0°C, for the 2nd set up files I removed the offset at the ECU end rather than the dash - so now a temperature of 123°C is transmitted on the CAN bus as a value of 123.

The other change I made is in the dash setup, in there you need to tell the dash the function for the received data - this influences units, range and resolution.  For temperature functions they have several choices, "exhaust temp, head temp, water temp, etc.  In the first setup I had it set to "Exhaust temperature", in the 2nd file I changed it to "Temperature".  

I dont know which one of these changes solved the problem, both set ups should have worked identically but I think the dash is applying the scaling wrong somewhere.

IfEd2Oy.png

hwnzGLw.png

ah thank you so much for the detailed explanation
really helped me a lot
And I was also curious about which file had an effect, so I tested the link file again with the file you sent me for the first time, but I confirmed that the value of the dash logger was normal.
In conclusion, it seems that the part where the temperature setting of the dash logger changed from exhaust gas to normal temperature was the solution to the problem.
thanks again adam