Trigger help needed. rb26 PRP pro series trigger kit

Michael - S13

Hey Guys,

trying to set up a PRP pro series trigger kit on a r32 gtr. having trouble with getting any signal from cam and crank sensor.

36-2 crank trigger. single home sync on cam gear.

Motec reluctor sensor on cran. signal ground to ecu and other pin to DI 1. shielded cable throughout.

motec hall effect sensor for the cam. signal ground to ecu, 12v power to sensor and input to DI4.

set up as best to my knowledge at this stage,  but not getting any signal at all. I assume ive missed something or overlooked something.  will attach the tune file and a log of it cranking. thanks guys.

rb26 PRP pro series TRigger setup.pclr Log 2023-03-10 4;34;54 pm.llg

Trigger sensors need to be connected to trigger 1 and trigger 2 inputs, not DI's. But you have it backwards - more correctly Trig 1/crank is the 1deg signal, Trig 2/cam is the 120deg.  If you have a GTR plug-in then you can swap trig1/2 using the dip switches anyhow. 

Hey Adam,

i've re wired the triggers as previously mentioned. i now have signal for trig 1 and trig 2.

a few more questions. ECCS sync always stays at no. stuck on where to go to sync up. ive tried to adjust the cam sensor location with the PRP adjustments but still no sync.Link pic 2.htmLink pic 3.htmLink pic 4.htmLinkpic1.thumb.jpg.7bff7210b666b014e8183248fb743348.jpg

voltage for the reluctor crank sensor range is from -1.6v to 1.6v, too low? or is that voltage acceptable for cranking speed. thankyou.

thanks for the reply. i thought that may be the case.

setting up the timing light i don’t seem to be getting spark. it sparks on cyl 4 through the pro cop kit but not cylinder one. anything else to look out for settings wise? or is it mainly mechanical now. thanks