300z g4x ecu on sr29

Caleb lewis

So the jumper harness I had made was to go from 64pins engine harness s13 red top sr20 to 76 pin Zenki sr20 ecu. My link is a 300z g4x for z32. So I believe that is my issue why I’m havin such a hard time with first start. Ecu disconnects when I go to crank and the coil pack that will fire is cyclinder one. I’m also not having any data display either. So I believe I need to re pin my jumper harness for it to work 

Most of the pinout between the 300Z and S13 ecu is very similar, the main difference is Ign 3 and 4 depending on model.  There is no difference in terms of the power supplies and ground so the ecu should still power up and stay connected.

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

So then do you have any idea what could cause it to not be fitting cyclinder 2-4 when I’m testing ignition. When I volt test pin 45 ignition it’s  10.4 when cranking drops to 8.6. My injectors all fire when I do the injectors test. Below I’ve put some pictures. The first picture with colored wiring is the harness that was used previously on another sr20 setup but I’m unable to to run it. The white jumper Harness is what I have to make my 64pin engine harness work with this 76 pin ecu.

057138C7-BB2E-4309-9111-2B9EBE748BE4.jpeg

C5A67A60-EE87-4295-B716-30C6C4B1505F.jpeg

7 hours ago, Caleb lewis said:

When I volt test pin 45 ignition it’s  10.4 when cranking drops to 8.6.

Pin 49 & 59 are the main power supplies, do you have battery voltage here?  

7 hours ago, Caleb lewis said:

So then do you have any idea what could cause it to not be fitting cyclinder 2-4 when I’m testing ignition.

Can you confirm which pin your Cyl 2 & 4 coil wires are connected to?  Ign 2 is the same pin on the S13 & 300Z so that should work regardless.  Ign 3 & 4 are likely different provided your adaptor has been made to the SR20 pinout rather than CA18.

300Z            S13 SR20          S13 CA18

Ign 1        Pin 1            Pin 1                  Pin 1

Ign 2       Pin 2            Pin 2                  Pin 2

Ign 3       Pin 3            Pin 11                Pin 3

Ign 4       Pin 11           Pin 12                Pin 11