fault code 69 help plz

muzzytt

All was running fine then yesterday the throttle was shut down and engine speed limited to 1800.

its throwing a fault code of 69.

I've tried a spare throttle body i have and the same problem.

Nothing has been done to wiring lately.

I've tried resetting the fault code but keeps happening.

When i tried re calibrating you can see the throttle value jumping up and down.

Now I'm suspecting the tps sensor but can't be sure.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

ok Ive played with it some more no joy.

so far I have got fault code 69 and 84 seems like something is causing it to draw too many amps that's causing the ecu to shut down the e throttle system.

I opened the throttle system cover where the gear wheels are and found 3 teeth on one of the throttle plate gear to have broken. I have put in the spare wheel I have from the spare throttle body.

another thing I tried re calibrating the TPS via vipec and when I full press the throttle I get 100% but when I let go and try do the 0% closed throttle it still shows 100%

also when trying to calibrate the foot position sensor and the tps via the e throttle settings the tps says no movement and fails on the Tps and no joy with the other one either.

not sure if its the ecu or something else problem devolped when I gave it some and havnt been able to work it out since

not sure if ill keep chasing this I mite just rip it all out and put in the non vvti intake manifold very frustrating.

Good afternoon,

For an E-throttle system the TP Calibration you want to use is the one in the E-Throttle Setup menu. The other one (off the Options Menu) is for non e-throttle systems.

From the faults codes you have it sounds like the e-throttle motor was trying to move the throttle plate, but seeing no movement. If the e-throttle motor is unable to move the throttle plate then the E-throttle TPS calibration is going to fail also. One way to test the e-throttle body independently from the ECU is to apply 12 volt and ground across the two motor pins (on the throttle body), this should cause the throttle plate to snap fully open or fully closed. Reversing the polarity on the motor pins will cause the throttle plate to move in the opposite direction. When doing this be very careful that your fingers are not near the throttle plate and also only touch the power and ground onto the motor pins for a moment.

If the throttle body does not open and close the throttle plate when doing the test above then it has a fault.

Scott

Good afternoon,

For an E-throttle system the TP Calibration you want to use is the one in the E-Throttle Setup menu. The other one (off the Options Menu) is for non e-throttle systems.

From the faults codes you have it sounds like the e-throttle motor was trying to move the throttle plate, but seeing no movement. If the e-throttle motor is unable to move the throttle plate then the E-throttle TPS calibration is going to fail also. One way to test the e-throttle body independently from the ECU is to apply 12 volt and ground across the two motor pins (on the throttle body), this should cause the throttle plate to snap fully open or fully closed. Reversing the polarity on the motor pins will cause the throttle plate to move in the opposite direction. When doing this be very careful that your fingers are not near the throttle plate and also only touch the power and ground onto the motor pins for a moment.

If the throttle body does not open and close the throttle plate when doing the test above then it has a fault.

Scott

Hi Scott

further investigations pointed to a problem with the actual motor as I had a spare throttle body and found it to be ok. so I swapped the motor into the throttle on the car and after a few goes at getting it to calibrate all is now good .

seems the bad motor was drawing too much current and tripping the failsafe of the vipec rightly so !

thanks guys !