Evo 9 G4x PnP Inlet Bank 1 Cam Signal Error

Fid

How are we doing everyone first time poster. 

I have a '06 Mitsubishi Evo 9 with a G4x PnP board. Got the car up and running on the base map. I should let everyone know the car was running perfect on stock ECU before the switch. When I first started the car I noticed that the car was needing a lot of gas to stay running. Tried making some fuel adjustments and nothing was helping. That is when I noticed I was getting Cam Signal Error / Missing Pulses from Inlet Bank 1. I bought brand new intake and exhaust cam sensors, since Evo's are know for bad cam sensors, and threw in the new intake sensor. Same error. For the hell of it, I threw in the exhaust sensor and still had the same error.

I then ohm'd out the wiring harness from the sensor to the ECU. All three wires ohm'd out good. I have attached my map and a log because I have no idea where to go from here troubleshooting. I was hoping someone here maybe could point out something for me. Thanks in advance for any help. 

3-21-23 rev4.zip

It doesnt look like you have done the cam angle calibration.  Run the engine at fast idle and set the cam angle test to calibration, it will populate the tooth offset table then turn itself back to off if successful.  Cam position should be working then.  I would also suggest you set the RPM lock out and ECT lockout to something more appropriate.  Usually around 1200RPM where there is stable oil press and around 60°C where oil viscosity is starting to become thin enough to work.  

13 minutes ago, Adamw said:

It doesnt look like you have done the cam angle calibration.  Run the engine at fast idle and set the cam angle test to calibration, it will populate the tooth offset table then turn itself back to off if successful.  Cam position should be working then.  I would also suggest you set the RPM lock out and ECT lockout to something more appropriate.  Usually around 1200RPM where there is stable oil press and around 60°C where oil viscosity is starting to become thin enough to work.  

You are correct in that assumption, I did not do the cam angle calibration. I will give that a try and also implement the suggestions you made and report back thanks again for the info!!!

• 2 weeks later...