Problems with Configuration: G4+ Thunder, Razor PDM, Strada Dash and Can Keyboard + Racecapture

AlexUmc

Hi Folks,

I´m currently try to setting up my Racecar and its my first time to work with a PDM, Can Keypad , Strada Dash and the Recapture in this Combination. The ECU is wired and dont make any Problems so far, the Dash also. My actual Problem is the connection between the Keypad and the PDM.

I like to Control my Wipers, Starter Motor, Traction Control and some other Functions via the Can Keypad. As we know the G4+ dont support Can Keypads, so I like to use the Razor PDM for this Tasks. First Problem, I dont get the Keypad running at the PDM. I wires the Keypad via CAN directly to the PDM and also choose Can Keypad 1 in the Can Settings and try different functions for the Keys but there is no sign of communications between these.
In the PCLink we have the runtime Values to check if there is a connection, I miss this in the PDM Software. If I Power the PDM and the Keypad on, the lights made their Welcome Show and after this the LED´s turn off and nothing happens.

Is there a Problem in general to run the Keypad ONLY to the PDM or is there a MUST to wire it also to the ECU, altough the ECU can't work with it? Where is my Failure? 

I like to get the PDM running correct before taking the next steps.

Thank you !

Alex

• 4 months later...