Fury g4+ locked up while firmware update

madablackmon

Has anyone had the g4+ freeze up while installing a firmware update. I can't connect anymore and the blue light on ecu has gone out. I am able to restart the firmware update by repeatedly clicking on restart of firmware update but it fails every time after the power cycle prompt and I receive an error code 1002. This ecu was working fine just wanted to update the firmware. I have power to the ecu and have disconnected and restarted several times withe the same result. If anyone has any ideas the help would be greatly appreciated 20230324_204533.thumb.jpg.78e355f9d7cd07c4a7397d254a0ab3d0.jpg

Yeah thats an odd one, I dont remember seeing this before.  Do you know what firmware it is on now?  That looks like you might have windows 11, which is not widely tested with G4+, do you have access to a win 10 or older laptop you could borrow to try?

Failing that, I would try powering it up on the bench just to eliminate backfeeds or possibilities of any other wiring issues having an influence.  You only need 12V on pin A5 and ground on A34 to power up.