Improved range control mixture map plot

DerekAE86

It would be nice to utilize the range to actually crop the data.

Currently if you set TPS range of 1-100 for example. It just makes 0% TPS the same colour as 1% TPS.
I would like to remove all 0% TPS data from displaying on the plot.

The difference between the usable mixture information of 0% TPS coasting or idling vs 1%+ TPS light load is quite large.
But currently it all get's lumped in as one colour.

I tried making the range 0-100 with max divisions and then setting the 0% range "black" but that still covers all the data points behind it. Maybe if "transparent" was also a colour option?

So for example if I set it up like this:
0-50 TPS, 1% range being pink.

pink1-1.png.5bab08993101651a3855fb67d2bc8955.png

You get a result like this. (To illustrate what areas of the plot is under 1% TPS)
But on larger logs this "less than 1% range" can amount to a lot of dots and ends up hiding the samples from 1%+

pink1-2.png.f31056f474a091a34efa51d9500a9f08.png

So I want to be able to remove all approx 1% TPS data from the plot.

I thought if I changed the range from 0-50 to 2-52 it would start the data from 2% and above

pink3-2.png.1030479a8c28071173232a34ab3ba0c9.png

But instead it just colours everything from 0-3% TPS as the same colour:

pink3-1.png.33ba1bcb5984f93680ea050ab75ab2c1.png

So in short; I'd like to be able to crop or hide sections of the data.

Or allow customizable divisions. So instead of just having #x range divided up evenly #x times;
Allow the user to set for example:
0-1% TPS = purple
1-5 = blue
5-15 = green
15-30 = yellow
30-60 = orange
60-100 = red

That way in a "TPS" example you could better capture the "idle/off throttle", "light cruise", "cruise", "light acceleration", "moderate acceleration" and "heavy acceleration" ranges instead.
You can kind of do it currently by setting the range to 0-50 but because you only have a maximum of 50 divisions you lose the ability to start the upper range at 60+ and you still run into the problem that the 0-1% range is "on top" and covering the other data. And in a longer log file of road driving there will be a lot of data in this range.

custom-range.png