350z no throttle response

Duncanweiii

Hey guys! 

got a 03 350z and had to swap in a new motor as my old one started knocking,

got the link g4x ecu as my car was initially not sparking with stock ecu. 
after getting the link ecu the car is able to start but cant idle due to no throttle response, on the linkconnect i can see the throttlebody and tps is currently inactive and absolutely clueluess on why as when i plug in my stock ecu my tps and throttle body works, 

Ok, unfortunately, we seem to have an issue with the forum host blocking file uploads and a few other odd issues occurring on the forum today.  I dont think it is going to be fixed today, so in the interest of getting you sorted asap, can you send an email to tech@linkecu with a copy of your map and possibly a short PC log. 

• 4 weeks later...

Adamw,

I am having the same issue with no throttle response after ECU installation. I see there had been an issue with the forum, so your response was not recorded.

2005 Nissan 350z, Auto, Base Engine with Cold Air Intake, after market headers and exhaust.

Current Setup:

Firmware update: 6.23.15

Base tune loaded (Nissan 350Z Auto trans twin VVT G4X Xtreme Plugin)

Vacuum line from the MAP port on the ECU to the intake manifold of the engine.

The engine starts, backfires, and there is no throttle response.

I am new to tuning. I have gone step by step through the process. I am guessing I may need an IAT sensor, and potentially other inputs. 

Thank you in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

You have E-throttle set to disabled in your map.  

Set that to set-up mode initially, do the APS calibration and TPS calibration, provided they both succeed then set it to "On" mode and it should work.

Also, you have some trigger errors when you first start cranking, this may explain why the stock ecu wasn't sparking, possibly the flywheel is fitted wrong or something.  Can you do a trigger scope when cranking and attach that here as well. 

Fb0aIDL.png

• 2 weeks later...

For the triggerscope you need to click the capture button while cranking (or while running), not before.  You will have to redo that.  

Your MAP sensor calibration needs to be set to 7Bar, and you need to adjust the fuel master to get the mixture somewhere in the ballpark   

Ok the scope looks ok I think.  

Go to >idle speed control>idle speed control setup and change the MAP lockout to 75Kpa, the should solve the idle bouncing on/off.  

For the master fuel just adjust it up or down until it sounds like it is running the best.  If you go it one direction and it sounds worse then go the other way.  

Adam,

I made the change you suggested. I needed to move the Z, so drove it (Gently) around the block and added the logging as well. The engine revved on its own when I parked it, from 300's to 1600's, you will see this at the end of the log. As for Master Fuel, are you saying to adjust the Fuel Table, go through Fuel Tuning Procedure, or something else?

Thank you!

PC Datalog - 2023-06-15 6;31;15 pm Drive Surge 500 to 1700.llgx TriggerScopeLog 061523 2.llgx

Master fuel is here:

c2VgsZK.png

Obviously you cant expect the idle to behave well until it is tuned.  Drop the idle actuator integral gain to 0.05, turn on idle ignition with the settings below, and adjust the base position table as per the guide in the help file.  

XHWx1T2.png

Adam,

I understand I cant expect the idle to behave well until it is tuned. I didn't know if you would see the RPM fluctuating by itself. I do appreciate your advice!

I dropped the idle actuator integral gain to 0.05, and turned on idle ignition with the settings you listed. I then followed the help file and adjusted the base position table as best I could.  I'm sure I could fine tune it as I spend more time with it. Here are the latest log file and Triggerscope.

Thank you,

Tom

PC Datalog - 2023-06-20 7;19;02 pm.zip

TriggerScopeLog 062023.llgx

Its looking somewhere in the ballpark now I think.  The dashpot function needs a bit of adjustment to get rid of the undershoot as you enter idle, but hard to tell exactly which bit of it to adjust, you will soon figure it out with a bit of experimentation.  Possibly a longer hold and shorter decay.